Fox News thread of fine journalism

Well, I imagine it would come with a cut in pay.

I also imagine that nobody at Fox News knows that the Undefeated is an ESPN product.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/26/fox-news-hits-peak-trump-sycophancy-as-opinion-hosts-disregard-the-networks-own-reporting/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_fix-foxnews-1207pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.d27276df50d0

At the top of the show, “Fox & Friends” host Steve Doocy held up Friday’s print edition of the Times and said, “There’s a big story that apparently the president of the United States, last June, wanted to fire Robert S. Mueller III because the president felt that he had a bunch of conflicts of interest, could not adequately be the special counsel.”

Co-host Pete Hegseth jumped in to say that Trump “doesn’t think that the story was all that true.” Hegseth then cued a clip of the president’s response to the report, delivered to reporters in Davos.

Rather than tell viewers that one of Fox News’s own journalists had confirmed the Times story, Hegseth cast doubt on the report by noting that the Times had relied on four unnamed sources. He described the Times article as containing “some new details that may or may not actually be true.”

“All right, well, the president says it’s fake news,” co-host Ainsley Earhardt said, in conclusion. “That happened last June. Do you — you know, it’s something we have to tell you about ’cause it is a headline on the New York Times. What do you think about that? Do you even care? Something you probably do care about is immigration.”

It happened last June, who cares about anything that happened that long ago? Next up: Hillary’s e-mails! And then: Look at what Obama did in 2012!

It must be the end of the day on Friday. Headline from reason - Tomi Lahren thinks tons of teens are taking the Tide challenge:

Few teens are actually swallowing laundry detergent. There have been 86 so far in January, which is more than all of last year but still not very many. If you want to worry about people eating laundry-room poison, worry about young children who ingest it by accident—that number’s in the thousands each year.

But Fox News contributor Tomi Lahren isn’t one to let a good outrage go to waste, particularly if it involves kids these days and can somehow be blamed on the left. The Tide Pod challenge doesn’t actually meet those criteria, because 1) it’s not real, and 2) it has nothing to do with the left. And yet, in a recent video rant, Lahren blamed the “detergent-eating craze” on the breakdown of the American family and the left’s monopoly on popular media.

I, of course, am a bit punchy at the end of the day at the end of the week and did the math (from my comment):

Well, technically tons of teens have in just January. Figure each teen is roughly 100lbs (not libs ;) ). x86 = =8600 lbs of teen, or over 4 tons…

Can you imagine how Killary would have handled the Tide pod epidemic of 2018? She’d probably be mailing every teen a packet of Tide pods on the taxpayer’s dime, cackling as she personally sealed every envelope with her black tongue.

Mailed from the basement of a DC pizza shop

This seems like a pretty dumb argument. a) If you extrapolate the current rate of teen consumption, you get, um thousands each year. b) Why not worry about both!

Tucker Carlson making strong, early showing for greatest 2018 chyron.

God, he really does have just one expression.

He does, and it is incredibly annoying. That’s the thing with the right as a whole for me, I tend to have some conservative leanings (but still consider myself a liberal), but they continue to have people in the media and in political office who I just don’t like on a personal level. I loved McCain before he found Palin for instance, but it seems to win the right wing base you have to be an asshole. There just aren’t many people on the right in power that I like.

Maybe it’s because the people who hold those extreme right-wing views really are assholes.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winnah

Extreme sure, but I am not even talking about the extreme. Tucker never used to be extreme (I guess he is now?), but he was always been a condescending ass. Trump used to be a democrat, but he has always been an ass, way before he got involved in politics (plus I don’t think he is extreme, he’s just doing whatever he can to make his base like him). I don’t know anything about Hannity outside of politics, but I know he grew on rightwing shock jock radio, so he’s marketing it if nothing else.

All I can think is he’s been constipated since 2006?

He needs another Jon Stewart enema to clear him out.

I’m sure Fox News will do the right thing and stop associating with Tomi Lahren, right?

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/371752-tomi-lahren-apologizes-for-instagram-post-mocking-kennedy

As Kennedy spoke, Lahren posted two stories to her Instagram mocking the lawmaker. She called him a “nasty little ginger” in the first story and “that little limp dick” in the second story.

Feature, not a bug.

Sounds like maybe there is a little personal history there.

(not sure why that link isn’t embedding)

Right-wing media obsesses over FBI text message story; hours later it’s debunked
by Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy

Members of the pro-Trump media acted like they hit the goldmine on Wednesday morning. Led by Fox News, these outlets went into a frenzy over what they presented as an explosive story that not only cast former President Obama and Hillary Clinton in a negative light, but simultaneously helped vindicate claims then-candidate Donald Trump made about the investigation into Clinton’s private email server being “rigged.”

But a CNN review of the story’s premise indicates that key text messages the story relied on were taken out of context, and portrayed as meaning something entirely different than what they actually meant.

Despite it being thorough;y debunked, what is Ingraham prattling on about right now?

Page to Strzok text: “POTUS wants to know everything we are doing”

Back to CNN:

the text message was sent on September 2, 2016, months after the bureau had closed its investigation into Clinton, and before it reopened that investigation. But September 2, 2016 was just days before Obama confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin over Russia’s meddling in the presidential election.

edit: Oh yeah:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/961270833569202176

BOMBSHELLS!!