Fox News thread of fine journalism

BENGHAZI!!!

They’re not blaming Obama for Trump yet, are they?

It’s a good question. If Trump got impeached, FOX News would have to choose between two options:

1. We always hated Trump and only supported him because he was the Republican nominee
  2. Trump got brought down by the deep state! REVOLUTION NOW!

In case #1, they could certainly position Trump’s rise as the inevitable response to Obama’s radical leftist (hah!) Presidency.

So crazy. “You might want to look at the last President!” Or the ice-cream truck that drives down your street. Or that guy you always see outside the coffee-shop chain-smoking who gives you the stink-eye! Or that goddamned squirrel who keeps eating all the birdseed out of your feeder! Don’t blame Emperor Trump though!

I actually think a case could be made, if this Russia shit turns out as bad as we fear it is, that Obama dropped the ball in preserving our democratic process. Not that I have any idea what he could have done that wouldn’t constitute dropping the ball. The waters are completely, irrevocably poisoned at this point.

It seems like he didn’t do anything public about what they knew because he didn’t want it to interfere with the election in any way – the idea that going public with the idea that the Russians were trying to influence the election in Trump’s favor would have hurt the process.

Shit, Trump as a sitting President would use information like that as a reason to suspend the election.

Obama erred on the side of trying to keep the election as fair as possible. So now we have Trump.

Everyone knew Hillary was going to win, but then Comey said, “Hold my beer.”

Obama pissed off Trump enough to make him run again. His fault. /s

But that’s why the water was poisoned. Everyone was forced to look at it through partisan goggles. 'We won’t rock the boat because Hillary’s going to win anyway" and now “it didn’t happen because our guy is in the White House and we don’t want to jeopardize his legitimacy.”

Not one person, Obama included, was free to view the matter strictly as a question of a foreign attack on our democracy, results be damned. This is classic divide-and-conquer stuff, really. And although each individual’s motivation can be understood, collectively we all lose.

I’ve got a few criteria that I judge princesses by:

• determination
  • intelligence
  • beauty
  • likelihood to still not be wearing an ankle bracelet in 4 years

Ivanka ain’t exactly winning any gold medals in this event.

At the gym yesterday I noticed the Fox channel was running a headline banner that the “Media was making North Korea the darlings of the Olympics”. I was glad I couldn’t hear what they were saying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanhannity/status/963466609473081345

I hear he wore a tan suit once. COVERED IN SECRET SPERM!

Hannity deserves to be waterboarded with bleach.

The comments on that article are so entertaining. It’s not the total right wing hysterics I’d imagined.

Hannity, and his “people”, are morons.

…and it’s gone.

But it lives on at the Wayback machine.

the widening scandal

I don’t care for that picture, but dear lord, a scandal around the vein in his head?