Fox News thread of fine journalism

Oh gawd. I will never get those hours back, never.

Goddamn you Adam.

Richard Rahl slicing his underarms is the manly chest-thumping version of Nynaeve’s braid tug.

What does it mean to be a “committed atheist” anyway? Atheism isn’t something you commit to.

“Committed” does not mean what you think it means. You can apply the term to any belief system, lifestyle, fandom, or other personal preference.

I say this as a committed grammar Nazi.

In Tucker’s defense here, I’m making the same face.

I’m so glad Fox got unqualified people like NFL players and high school kids to stop commenting on things so they could free up time for Fabio.

There’s a joke to be made here about Fabio, model for god knows how many romance novel covers, upset about sex in the library.

Good article, but he’s still in denial about how long the problem has been going on.

And his own role as a bit-player in contributing to it.

Hillary is a time traveler apparently.

Who??

Also, I’m sure Fox News clarified that bit of fake news so as to not mislead their viewership.

There was a story on the radio today about some congressmen sleeping in their offices. As part of the story, there was mention of the office and how they always have TVs tuned to Fox News, and it made me wonder, I’d always assumed that Fox News was now the propaganda wing of the Republican party. But I also now wonder how much it is the other way around? That these young congressmen follow to the marching orders and talking points of Fox news, instead of the other way around.

It’s likely useful to see how talking points/party lines are working in the media as well as being useful to anticipate upcoming kerfuffles from the constituents who voted for them.

Oh, it’s always been Rupert calling the shots on Fox. (And it’s always been oligarchs calling the shots in the post-Gingrich GOP; the politicians are just the peons who run their errands.)

In a sane universe, people like Carlson would just be chuckled at and ignored, instead of being in line for an eventual staff post at the White House.

Yeah. That’s exactly what a sane universe would do to “people” like Tucker Carlson.

Good old “camp of the saints”… Steyn has cited this book multiple times.