Fox News thread of fine journalism

By God, I think Tucker’s got a different expression in that still.

/pinches self

I mean, Mark Steyn wrote a stunningly racist anti-immigrant book himself. Why is this suprising?

The best advertisers.

I was expecting an asterisk with a “among this particular demographic” or something, but it is total viewers. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a sustained trend.

Who knows, maybe we can recall some of Timex’s deadly traps and just let old age and accidental gun deaths get to work for us.

Kimmel and Hannity are having a twitter war.
Here’s a highlight:

Edit: A self review from a Fox viewer. [Not satire].

Random Link from mrgrumpys twitter war said :

On the prime time programming front – Sean Hannity continued his reign as the most-watched cable news host, and his was the only program which managed to eclipse 3,000 total viewers in Q1. But MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow is the most-watched cable news host among adults 25-54, the demo which matters most to TV news advertisers. But Maddow’s margin of victory in the demo was extremely slim. She beat Hannity by just 2,000 demo viewers, according to Nielsen live+same-day data.

I guess it depends on which metric you’re using, and I’m 100% ignorant of how “demo viewers” work.

Oops.

Yeah, the clip is even better since the guy was going on about supporting Trump iirc.

Then that graphic popped up instead of the one he wanted.

Neither the columns nor the rows add up to 100%, or anything close to it. I can’t make heads or tails of that chart. My best guess is they asked people “Which do you trust more, CNN or Trump?” and then the same question again, replacing CNN with MSNBC and then Fox. There must be a missing third column that includes “I don’t know” or “both the same” or whatever. In that case, it sort of makes sense that 50% of Fox viewers wouldn’t be able to answer the question.

Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information.

Donald Trump and CNN
March 2018
Trust Trump more 35%
Trust CNN more 48%
Trust both equally 13%
(VOL) Don’t know 5%
(n) (803)

Ah, ok, so I guess I was more or less right. Given that, the graphic doesn’t really reflect badly on Fox; it doesn’t mean they are “less trusted” than CNN or MSNBC. It reflects badly on Trump, in that people tend to believe the media over him.

It can also mean that Fox viewers trust Trump more as a baseline as well, no?

The trend is probably more important than the raw numbers though. The % that trust Trump more than Fox News has gone up compared to the last year. More or less similarly for MSNBC. The results for both are within margin of error though, so it doesn’t really mean much of anything.

Crosstabs on party affiliation or other demographics would probably be interesting there. I would expect that of the people who trusted MSNBC more, opinions are basically unchanged (i.e. people who previously didn’t trust MSNBC have become even less likely to support them, but people who trusted MSNBC probably still do, more or less the same amount), but that Trump vs. Fox News trust is basically a zero-sum game between them, but who knows?

The day Trump’s lawyer’s office was raided by the FBI:

Pandas are Chinese, don’t you get it?

The clip.

Slut shaming pandas is a new low.

For your enjoyment, a panda orgy. (SFW)

Russian bots are broken: