Fox News thread of fine journalism

I’ll take your word for it, I have little firsthand experience with the guy, beyond him being on in the background at my non-douchebag grandfather’s house.

As long as you’re white and male.

All those years of setting up opportunities for O’Reilly to sexually harass women, and then successfully sueing him for millions of dollars, has finally paid off.

For the record, it’s now official (WaPo).

O’Reilly out, Chaffetz not seeking re-election, and a Dem forcing a runoff in Newt’s old district - it’s like Xmas, Thanksgiving and Easter all at once!

Yeah, just like the Democrats ‘set up’ Nixon back in the day.Completely, completely unsurprising response.

I’ll be honest. I don’t think I understand this O’Reilly thing.

O’Reilly is the same ass he’s always been but suddenly Fox News cares about it because…

Easy, sponsors started walking. Now why did that start happening? Critical mass on these new lawsuits I guess.

I get that but why now? These were awful people the years before. I mean the kind of people that say rape victims are sluts, but they didn’t pull ads then.

I mean me writing like GM or someone and telling them this guy or this show is awful and you shouldn’t associate yourself with it. I assume if they cared they wouldn’t be on a network like that. Also… Trump won. You’d think they’d do this when the “other” side was in power.

I think someone just upthread had the right of it. Once Roger Ailes was finally out, the guy protecting O’Rielly was out. The new management is not interested in covering for him anymore.

Yeah, that’s probably a factor too. Maybe the lawyers smelled blood in the water and moved in.

I am sure the almighty dollar played a huge part. O"Reilly and Hannity get paid a lot of money and I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox realized that people would watch their channel no matter who was talking out of their ass.

Ya, they were paying tens of millions of dollars to deal with these problems. Without Ailes there to cover it up (since he was doing the same thing), this fell apart.

Also this cracked me up, due to the last one:
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/854773586053255168

Miss America 1989 started the ball rolling here, and it took down Ailes and, eventually, O’Reilly. What a world :)

It also had to do with the way Megyn Kelly got around the confidentiality/arbitration clauses by directly suing the perpetrators.

Also, per vanity fair, there appear to be more:

The most unsettling feeling among some at Fox News, however, is that Wednesday’s events are only the beginning. “There’s more to come,” one Fox News insider told me, suggesting that there are more women with stories of harassment who have not come forward publicly. This estimation was affirmed by two people who heard such stories directly. Others are equally concerned about the attention that is being drawn to 21st Century Fox’s handling of the allegations by women inside the company.

The question is whether it’s just O’Reilly or others in the sights too…

Oh, pleeeeeeease be Hannity!

I said that before… you KNOW Hannity is going down. He’s like a dumber version of O’Reilly.

https://twitter.com/ludacristiano/status/854860179611017220

Mister family values, goes to Church every Sunday, having a picture taken at the Bunny Ranch years ago in the early 00s. I really hope he goes down next.