Fox News thread of fine journalism

I’ve read several stories that say that Hannity’s off-air demeanor is exactly the opposite of O’Reilly’s and that he’s well-liked by staff.

I’ve heard that same thing.

Steve Unger talked about it just last night - that when he was doing work for Fox as one of their “on-air liberals” his impression was that the staff would have gladly taken a bullet for the well-loved Hannity whereas they wouldn’t have bothered to piss on O’Reilly if he were on fire.

So… a high-functioning sociopath then?

I’ve read a lot in the past year or so about Rupert Murdoch’s sons, James and Lachlan, being far more progressive than Murdoch and far less tolerant of old-school bullshit like the sexual harassment stuff. They’re slowly taking over from Murdoch, and it’s reported that they were a huge factor in getting O’Reilly booted, and played a big part in ousting Ailes before that. Rumor has it the pair want Fox News to lean a bit more centrist, to be a more respectable media outlet and less of a tool of the far right.

I’ll believe it when Murdoch is gone and Hannity and his ilk are shuttled off to Trump News Network or wherever…

Hannity up next. I’m loving this. Take them all down, fake news peddling, facist boot licking fuckers.

It’ll be interesting to see if this has any teeth. Hannity is an idiot, but I have a hard time imagining him as a sexual… anything really. And given the clashes between the two of them it’s not too hard to believe that he simply didn’t her on his show after the one time she appeared.

How long until, “She isn’t even attractive”, gets bandied about?

I know next to nothing about Hannity - I mean it’s not like I’m going to watch Fox News by choice but occasionally it will be on in the background somewhere I happen to be - but he gives me the impression of a way over the hill quarterback who is allowed to commentate football games alongside a more knowledgeable host. Occasionally spouts monosyllabic interjections and ruminates on the value of scoring points in order to win games, that sort of thing. You know, a Phil Simms type. Though I’m sure Phil is a very nice man.

Yes, but at least Phil Simms isn’t fulminating a deep and abiding ignorance and xenophobia among your parents.

Or is he…

No, I don’t believe Phil has enough higher brain function to be aware of concepts like racism and xenophobia, let alone try to push an agenda regarding either. Guy can barely complete a sentence about getting a first down. But again, nice man, etc.

called it

Unfortunately it’s going to take someone other than Schlussel to come forward for this to get any traction. Debbie Schlussel has had numerous media conflicts with Hannity in the past, and has accused him of everything from plagiarizing her work to running a charity scam. True or not, Hannity and FOX will just position this as Schlussel taking advantage of the chaos at FOX News to try once again to besmirch Hannity’s good name. (Yes, typing that just made me throw up in my mouth a little.)

You called it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/25/debbie-schlussel-retracts-sex-harassment-zing-sean/

She doesn’t retract the story about him inviting her back to his hotel, nor the treatment afterwards, just that it isn’t sexual harassment, right? Isn’t the Times pretty conservative? Seems like a pretty misleading headline.

Actually just now checking, you are right she did not retract the claims. However, she did emphasize that she did not claim sexual harassment, only inappropriate behavior.

Also, Hannity is now claiming he is going to sue for slander.

I think we need more than just her story though for what it’s worth. It sounds like old-school Fox news had a systemic harassment problem, and O’Reilly was a prime shithead. Have we seen anything else about Hannity?

Hannity actually pointed a pistol at a co-worker, so the idea that he acted inappropriately is pretty easily believed.

http://imgur.com/vxBwyrL.gif