Fox News thread of fine journalism

I mean, I respect Pence in the same way I respect a loaded gun, or a hissing snake, or a large vat of poison marked in large yellow and black signage, “WARNING, DEADLY TO WOMEN AND LGBTS.”

When your baseline is Trump. …

I mean it was a pretty big pivot when Fox went from “Nothing to see here, liberals are just crazy, here’s some pictures of kittens,” to “Guys, get real. The Civil War was way worse than this.” They’re clearly starting to back away.

It won’t mean anything till it turns up on Fox & Friends, though. Because then they’ll be saying it directly to Trump.

If Trump strangles a child on live TV, F&F will discuss why the kid had it coming.

To be honest, some kids do have it coming.

And it’s not like his little hands can strangle grown-up necks, so…

BAW GAWD, @rrmorton, THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY

He’s accomplishing it if his mission is to no longer be president.

Jason Chaffetz apparently will not serve out his term in the House and will take a gig working for FOX news.

Now he can make millions lying to people

Heyyyyy wait a second you sly devil you

Most unsurprising occurrence in months. FOX will fit him like a glove, of course.

I guess you can look at it as a hopeful sign that members in leadership positions of Trump’s party would rather quit mid-term and go to work in a dying industry than stick around and have to defend his bullshit.

… Apparently Hannity right now is skipping the Trump-leaked-classified-information story and instead talking about Hilary’s e-mails and how party pooper Michelle Obama wants to make kids eat their vegetables. You know, Fox comfort food.

It reminds of how the Soviets used to play somber military music on the radio for a couple of days before admitting that one of the higher-ups had died.

I tuned to Fox News on the evening the story broke - the panel they had on were like kids on Christmas morning. Nothing to do with Trump giving away intel by bragging to the Russians - they were opening the big present with the shiny wrapping and bow that contained “we get to talk about Hillary’s emails again!”.

Someone posted a screenshot of them in one of the other threads.

More reprehensible right wing media:

The family of Seth Rich, a slain Democratic National Committee staffer, criticized media outlets and people who they suggested used a new report about Rich’s contacts before his death as validation of their political ideology.

Late Monday, a private investigator affiliated with the Rich family told Fox 5, a Washington, DC, outlet, that before being fatally shot in July, Rich had contacts with WikiLeaks, which released internal DNC emails last year.

Rod Wheeler, the investigator, who reports have said is paid by a third party, suggested the Metropolitan Police Department attempted to cover up the nature of Rich’s death on behalf of the DNC, which the police department denied on Tuesday.

The Fox 5 report was featured prominently by top right-leaning outlets, including Breitbart News, the Drudge Report, Fox News, and the “Fox & Friends” morning show.

Asked about the attention the new report received from right-leaning outlets, Brad Bauman, a representative for the Rich family, said the family condemned the attempt to politicize Rich’s death.

“It’s sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda,” Bauman told Business Insider. “I think there is a special place in hell for people like that.”

RawStory: Fox News military analyst slams GOP for ‘reflexive’ defense of ‘egregious’ Trump actions

“Republicans, who long claimed to be the Constitution’s defenders and champions of national security, shrug off Russian penetration of our political system and justify the reckless use (following Obama’s precedent) of executive orders by their president — whose behavior would excite outrage if the fingers on the keypad belonged to a Democrat,” thundered Peters. “And a flatulent Congress cringes and points at the other guy.”

Later in the column, Peters savaged Trump supporters who turn a blind eye to all his transgressions just because they like him better than Democrats.

That’s just gross.