Fox News thread of fine journalism

I am one of those uncultured heathens that has never seen Dr. Strangelove, sadly.

My dearth of movie knowledge/acumen makes me ashamed to share a board with luminaries like @ChristienMurawski and @tomchick

There are really only a couple of Kubrick movies worth your time, but that’s one of them.

Oh gosh I think all Kubrick movies are worth seeing, but for sure Strangelove is indispensable. Get on it Armando!

All right, Gordon has a point, Kubrick’s movies are probably all worth at least seeing to make your own decision. But Strangelove and 2001 are the best.

It is a subsidiary of Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption, of course.

I cosign this sentiment. Strangelove is fantastic.

Peter Sellers gave the performances of a lifetime.

On this we agree.

To properly appreciate the Trump Presidency I believe it is necessary to watch two classic movies: The Manchurian Candidate and Dr. Strangelove.

Yes. I’m serious, he always has that look.

Also, A Face in the Crowd.

Good one - you definitely won’t look at Andy Griffith the same way.

Also Billy Madison, minus any redeeming qualities.

I’m going to have poo flung on me for this, but I finally watched it for the first time earlier this year. It was probably because it had been built up so much, but I was disappointed in it when I finally watched it! I found it to be okay, but nothing terribly special. That might have had to do with already being familiar with half the dialog before even watching it, though!

Consider the poo flung!

I feel the same, Kevin. The movie is special within its setting and comedy mindset. But I wouldn’t put it on my best of all time list. Great, comedicly poignant reference material to how fucked up things can get, yes. Best of all time movie, nah.

I think that’s a problem with me, though, and especially black comedies. I can’t stop my mind from following through with the obviously realistic, “What if’s,” to enjoy the satire.

While for me those kind of black comedies are my favorite type. It’s why I’m such a fan of Lord of War, it just nails the tone.

If I were to put a list of favorite movies of all time, I don’t know that Strangelove makes the cut. However it was perfect at being what it wanted to be.

I guarantee that Jimmy Kimmel, being the father of an infant with a life-threatening condition, knows more about healthcare than most of the people voting for this bill.

That’s hilarious. At first I thought maybe these were excerpts from standard entertainment interviews and it wasn’t a fair comparison, but then:

“KISS band leader Gene Simmons discusses health care reform”