Galactic Civilizations 4 announced

PCGamesN has an article out about a recent update to GalCiv IV that adds 2 new playable races to the alpha: the familiar and cruel Drengin, and the new species-consuming Festron. The update also has a new policies feature, which is detailed in the PCGamesN article as well.

If you’re interested in learning more about the new Festron race, look no further than this PCGamesN article that went up this morning.

I’m curious - has anyone tried the Festron yet, and what did you think of how they play?

More civilizations and features to try out! Version 0.60 is out and ready to go. You can read about it on our forums and dive into the changelog here.

Has anyone tried playing as the Xeloxi or the Corporate Sector yet?

I haven’t, I’ve been holding off until it’s a bit more baked. Just not a fan of super early access when it comes to certain types of games, including strategy.

Has there been any sort of roadmap/schedule posted on how long it’s expected to remain in Early Access and what has yet to be completed/implemented?

We don’t have a roadmap posted, but I will certainly share here if we do!

Wow, looks sooooo cool. Just love your art.

The holidays have been busy so I was remiss in posting this when it released back on December 8th. Version 0.65 is out for Galactic Civilizations IV and includes the Arcean Republic and the Drath Freehold. You can read more about it here!

Awesome!

Hey everyone! GalCiv IV has moved into beta today. If you’ve been playing the alpha, get ready to cut loose: all of our previously locked civilizations are now available for you to play, plus we’ve added the Terran Resistance.

Here’s a beta guide so that you can see all of the cool features we’ve added and will be adding as the beta period continues: The Galactic Civilizations IV Beta Tour Guide

Here’s a peek at what sector view looks like!

Interesting timing, I just fired the game up for the first time yesterday evening. Didn’t really play, I was more just poking around as I didn’t want to invest too much time in an alpha state. I also saw my Iconians were yet to be enabled. Guess I should I have waited another day? :)

How does one get into the beta?

Pony up $40 I believe.

The early access is available only on the Epic Games store. When it hits 1.0 I believe it is released on Steam, though.

Would be curious to hear how people like the sectors. Are they basically nodes connected in a graph on the galaxy map?

To get into the beta, you purchase the game, yes. You will have access to the beta and also the full version when it releases.

An update to last week’s beta is now available on the test branch for the game! The full changelog is on the forums here. We’ve added some new events, expanded a bit on the Mimot lore, added a tech navigator, and more.

Enjoy!

Your alien artists are amazing. Hope to see more animations from the interactions with them this time around.

You just know those furry little bastards probably spread like rabbits, and are dangerous. They must be exterminated.

I bet they’re, like, Space Ghandi.

I’ll say this - you’re making it hard for me to wait for Steam, but I am determined to not give Epic any money for digital storefronts.