Game box art challenge?

Starflight.

Yep, that would have been my next guess as well.

As for the new one: Star Ocean?

I’m terrible at the crystallise thing. The CC2 box is burned into my brain, but like every other crystal one I an only ‘see’ it (even with squinting) after I know what it is. Most of the time I just see giant pandas or owls etc. It’s kind of like looking at clouds.

As for this box:

age of empires 2: age of kings

Nope!

1- I have clear images of my favorites that will always be in my head.
2- I can’t. But it’s fun to try and throw out a guess once in a while.
I haven’t gotten a single one correct yet, and it is amazing that these guys can do it.

It looks dreamcasty.
Sonic 5?

Keeps silent as he tends to give too much hints

Space Crusade

Neither.

Guess it’s not very inspiring!

Might as well get the obvious but probably wrong guess out of the way - Battletoads

Yup yup.
Totally, yup.

(Pardon the Commodore heresy: this is obviously a Spectrum/Amstrad game)

You didn’t want to give away too many hints? I thought I had played every C64 ever made, yet I have never heard of that one.

Battlezone?

Freespace 2?

Earth 2150?

Rana Rama stuck in my memory because it was one of those mind-blowing early computer-gaming moment to me. Coming from the Atari 2600, I was mainly expecting and looking forward to the usual visual and sound upgrade when playing on an 8-bit computer, but then, this at-first somewhat bland top-down shooting game with below average controls introduced me to the crazy new concept of… upgrades! Get stronger, stronger, stronger, always stronger! Errm, anyways…

Outcast?

Never even heard of Rana Rama, either.

The new one’s probably C&C: Tiberian Sun, though.

It’s clearly a spaceship in space!

Not the I can think of a matching game.

Star Trek Star Fleet Commander?

Pretty sure you’ve got it. I recognized the GDI symbol right away, but I wouldn’t have been able to narrow it down to Tiberian Sun.