Game box art challenge?

Code Breaker?

Way of the Dragon?

OK, last one then the reveal.

I was sure someone would get it. Who’s next?

Wow, I’ve never even heard of that game. :(

I think you’re supposed to do another one if nobody guessed it, but otherwise we can just throw it up to whoever puts one up first.

Never heard of it either, but the name David Mullich sure rings a bell-- IIRC he was involved in the HOMM series to the point of having a hero named after him in HOMM3 (Sir Mullich).

Just for giggles I’ll throw one up. Peterb, if you want to take over I can cut this one short.

Al-Qadim: The Genie’s Curse?

Sinbad

Not those games. Frame 2:

Dark Sun?

I got it buy cheating so I won’t say anything. But the search reminded me how great Larry Elmore was back the day.

Bad Blood?

That’s it!

Never heard of that game, but wow, that interface!

Yeah, that interface was kind of a waste of screen real estate, but it sure looked cool back in the day. I never played Bad Blood (except a few minutes on an emulator) but it seems almost like a post-apocalyptic followup to Times of Lore. In Chris Roberts’s oeuvre of course it’s totally overshadowed by Wing Commander.

Hmm, Mobygames shows there being a C64 version. Wish I’d known that at the time!

If I remember correctly, Bad Blood was around the time Origin started pushing games out the door and the quality went down. Before, I bought anything they put out, then in the early 90s that changed for me. This was one of the games I avoided.

@peterb, if you have one in mind from earlier feel free to take a turn. Else I’ll come up with something tonight.

@Gordon_Cameron, that was a good pick. It’s an unusual one for Origin in that Loubet didn’t do the cover art, instead it being Elmore. Nice cover, and yeah wow at that UI. Reminds me of the FMV games that I played (and, I must admit, helped develop) in the '90s where you got a 320x240 window for the video swimming in the much larger 640x480 or up screen.

@LeeAbe, yeah, the early 90s (right after Ultima VI) is when I started being more careful. Sure, there were some bonafide all time classics like Ultima VII, Underworld, etc. but also some stinkers. At least they moved away from that horrible phase where they did photographs for their box art like for Windwalker and Space Rogue. Ugh!

Yeah, the photo boxes were awful. But Space Rogue was a super cool little game.

Nope, I’m happy to let others have a go!

Prisoner 2 was the sequel to the text-only Prisoner 1. They were seminal (if sort of terrible) Apple ][ games that stomped all over the trademarks for the TV series. If you tried to make that game today you’d be sued into atoms.