Giveaway thread!

Discrimination!

Thanks! I just picked this up. Much appreciated.

Anyone able to get this to work? It seems like it’s the Origin Store version of the game, and while it can only be launched from the Epic launcher, that in turn launches Origin, which (in my case) does nothing.

It worked for two of us yesterday without issue. You’re correct, upon launching it in Epic it turns around and launches Origin (it should bring up a screen saying “login to Origin to link your Epic account”), but it installed fine from there and ran fine once it was done.

It is actually a pretty good game from the little I’ve played - one of the few times where I’ve installed one of the free offerings same-day!

Yeah, I played. The double launcher thing is very silly. What’s even sillier is that there appears to be no way to turn off the in-game audio chat. Other than that I had fun.

Huh. Must be something wrong with my system config then. I have it installed, and when I click on it in Epic it says “Running” and launches Origin, but then nothing.

Oh well. Not like I don’t have a million other games I can play.

Maybe trying uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin launcher. I know I had the Origin launch already installed previously so for me it wasn’t something Epic had to do. Maybe there is something wonky with Epic installing it?

I get it working without Epic. Once it was linked to my Origin account I can directly launch from Origin. The funny thing is, the game is still greyed out in Epic Games launcher while Origin says it is fully installed.

FREE!

Here are some games I’ll never play from the January 2021 Humble Choice–first come first served–please PM me:

I should add: please don’t be a drive by poster who never seriously participates on the site but only tries to score freebies. You don’t have to be a veteran either, but have some non-spammy posting history.

*Pathologic 2 (way too depressing of a premise, especially these days)–GONE
*Minoria --GONE
*The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines
*Deleveled --GONE
*Vampire … : Shadows of New York–GONE
*Song of Horror

Damn, I didn’t even know Pathologic 2 was out :O

I tried pathologic 2 for 30 minutes and ugh, it made no narrative sense at all. It was completely all over the place. Literally walking around with no direction and you open a door and it loads a new place. One way only.

Do you mind if I take Minoria?

Sure, but it won’t be till later tonight or maybe tomorrow. Gotta make some dinner for the family.

Thanks Papageno.

I mean, here is a 1 month premium gift key to Vendetta Online:

PVD5W-BEYB9-09AKS-6G2LS

I’ve had my heel in these waters since June 2003 (currently on the free tier). I’ll do my best to strike through the key when it gets used. To me, it’s a worthwhile game in that it rewards time invested without being too much of a grind; you more or less get out of it what you put in. Some games are like this. Vendetta is like this. You should play!

I don’t play nearly as much as I used to, but still having a good time.

Thanks for Minoria!

I’ve got a copy of The Long Journey Home on Steam to give away. It’s not really a great game, but you can’t beat the price!

edit: game is claimed

That is so sad. This game looked like it was going to be pretty good but the control scheme was just so bad, and the game was unbalanced.from what I read.

It was a disappointment. Fantastic trailer, awesome potential, but the actual game fell short of both, alas.