Gladius learns all the right lessons from all the wrong Civilizations

Its messed up on the theme I use, the dark one.

I was at “Light and Bright”. I went to “Greyfolio” and they disappeared. I went back to Light and Bright and they reappeared.

@Navaronegun this is what I was referring to above, the interface options seem to affect the tags. The I normally use (Qt3 At Night (Bright)) doesn’t have it either.

Yikes, that’s … not ideal.

Its ok I don’t need to know what I am clicking on. :D

OK, in the interest of science, I checked all the themes. They show up only in “NIGHT” and “Light and Bright”

@lordkosc Refresh your page and see if that fixes it. The CSS doesn’t always refresh completely when themes are updated. If that doesn’t work, please send me a msg with your OS & browser version.

Anyway, yes we’re co-opting tags to highlight front page topics. It will only be rolled to 2 themes though, “QT3 Light & Bright” and “QT3 by Night”. This way those that don’t like them have plenty of alternative themes to choose from.

@Synth Also I noticed there is a weird issue with the Message views in the same 2 themes. At first appearance, it looks like they have all disappeared They haven’t but you need to click the sort button twice to access the list of messages in Inbox, Sent, or whatever.

Thanks for reporting that. Never thought to check the inbox.

Anyway, I’ve disabled it all again for now until I figure out why that is happening.

I noticed it earlier, but didn’t put two and two together until I was futzing with the theme choices “in the name of science”. :) Not that they add up to four or anything, could be unrelated.

Because both are always painfully obvious and don’t need tags. It would also be distracting, unless I was specifically looking for those things, and I would never be looking for those things.

But I was joking, hence the “:-P”, it really doesn’t make a difference to me if they are there or not.

Yay, Slitherine and Matrix were kind enough to give me a 47% off coupon for being a customer for 14 years. I guess I will be playing Gladius tonight.

I was playing as The Space Marines tonight and it didn’t seem like I was getting % bonuses. I annexed a hex to my city that had +10% energy. My energy breakdown didn’t change. I built an energy producing building in that hex and only saw the +6 from the building, not the extra .6 that the bonus should have provided.

In the breakdown if you hover the mouse over the income, I guess the percentage breakdown would be listed under “features”?

I did some checking in the archives and apparently, according to the research, Space Marines actually didn’t get bonuses for energy. It’s just how it was. So I guess the game is historically accurate.

You are being pedantic. They had their penalties reduced,when using energy. Sounds like a bonus to me. And they most certainly have had this capability since the Space Marine Corps was modernized during the Secret Antarctic Time Wars of the 60s and 70s,. Perfectly historical. Why do you always have an anti-Space Marine bias? What’s that all about?

Apparently I am getting my special resources confused with regular hex bonuses. Regular hex bonuses give a bonus to buildings built on it. So my energy building should be getting 6.6 energy from that tile. It’s not showing that extra .6 though…

I have not checked the math for tile versus empire, but I have verifified that dropping a fortress of redemption next to a captured resource point does modify my income of the +% bonus.

Thanks, I can see that, just not the bonus you get in the city from building a building on a tile with a bonus. Next game I will pay more attention to it. Current game I am getting my butt kicked from over expanding and running into lots of wild animals and enemies.

Looking over the Steam forums the game doesn’t seem too popular, people calling it too simple without enough variety.

Nice! I got my coupon at a time where I wasn’t wanting to buy one of their games. If they gave me an anniversary coupon now I’d have to figure out which game to get.

How does one get a coupon? :)