Greetings from Philadelphia

Now might be a good time to ask yourself why that would be. A better time would’ve been right before you put the stamp on your letter turning Yale’s offer down.[/quote]

I think someone is bitter about not having the opportunity to turn down Yale’s offer. :)[/quote]

I wasn’t.

I think someone doesn’t get a fucking joke. ;)

Now might be a good time to ask yourself why that would be. A better time would’ve been right before you put the stamp on your letter turning Yale’s offer down.[/quote]

You’re fucking loony. Penn’s business school is the single best in the country and any business major would be a fool to turn an acceptance to it down. Penn is a large Ivy and it’s in the middle of a city, so it has its own police force, but crime levels are still below those of the average US location.[/quote]

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, Penn is obviously a great school, and I love Philly. It’s just that, as with any large city, you’re better off not walking around downtown thinking that you’re completely safe, there are no potential criminals nearby, and you’re free to run around as careless as you would walk from the bedroom to the kitchen. IOW: plz don’t get knifed in my city, Jose.

Hey!

That’s not a dinosaur! That’s a frog!

What are you trying to pull?

I’d like to compare and contrast my university experience with yours, Jose.

–Nobody gives a fuck how much the buildings cost.

–Nobody gives a fuck how much the audiovisual equipment costs.

–My city is also pretty nice. I venture into it regularly. I sometimes drink in non-university-affiliated bars. I sometimes even meet girls that go to other schools!

–There are security guards here, too. You see them at libraries sometimes.

I make more money than Jose Liz.
My parents didn’t pay for college… the State did.
My university didn’t need its own police force.
I have no fucking idea what the podiums at my scholl cost. Actually I’m unsure what the guy is prattling on about.

This

is the kind of podium my mind shows me, why would they have expensive wood work like that all over the place. Weird school.

Hands down, best and most unique thing you can see in Philadelphia: the Mütter Museum (umlaut doesn’t work much on the web)

The Mutter Museum is an utterly awesome place to visit. It’s functionally a museum of a training museum from the 19th century, and is full of all kinds of interesting, bizarre stuff. My hands down favorite (since Mr. Handy already took the omega-colon) was the section of John Wikles Booth’s spine…no really (they also have a tumor removed from Grover Cleveland’s cheek in the waning years of the 19th century…it’s like celebrity fleshwatching or something). It’s fascinating, and pretty educational too - just make sure you have a strong stomach.

Oh, and this is more obvious, go to the Art Museum (you know, the one with the steps from Rocky) - it’s one of the best in the states, especially if you’re into 20th century works (they have some great Duchamps, Picassos etc. etc.). Not only are the collections top notch, but the galleries are really nice, airy places to wander around.

Hope you enjoy yourself, and don’t get killed;)

Oh, anyway. So Jose, do you have a roommate? Do you have to beat off in a sock? Podiums shmodiums Tinkerbell, let’s get down to brass tacks. Have you gotten laid yet? (The sock doesn’t count)

What are you taking, stuff like Why Do All The White People Look At Me Funny 101? Or, This Class Is Only Taught Once Every 2 Years And The $100 Textbook Was Written By The Egomaniacal Professor And You Won’t Be Able To Sell It Back 101? Or, my favorite, Oh Shit If I Fail This Stupid Fucking Art Appreciation Course My Scholarship Becomes Null And Void 101. Tough one, that.

Anyway, good luck Young Son. And if you see a dodgy fellow in a Ravens hoodie following you intently, it’s just tronnc and despite what Naked said, he’s going to kill you.

I am taking Calculus, Micro Economics, Cognitive Psychology, Management 100: Leadership, and Writing. None of the books are written by the professors, though I do know what you’re talking about.

Yea, I went there for a New Student Orientation Event. Amazing stuff, including the view of the city.

Our podiums are state-of-the-art as you can see here:

:D

Maybe I’m the minority here but the first real emotion I had in my first week of College was amazement. I couldn’t get over the fact there was so much hot, easy pussy all around. I could care less what a building or an high-tech podium cost, it was hard to pry your eyes off of every piece of ass in the place.

I hope Penn is no different.

P.S. Women’s opinions may vary. And I was 17 at the time.

Ha ha, no. You’re taking One Full Page To Answer One Math Question Of Which Only The Last Line Is Calculus And The Rest Is More Of That Trig Shit.

Micro Economics,

Jesus. You’ll be looking forward to Calc just to liven up the proceedings.

Cognitive Psychology,

Sweet. Dig on the hot chick Psych majors, if PennYaleWharton like even has any. Incidentally, Cog Psych is fucking Dullsville.

Management 100: Leadership, and Writing.

Finally, a blow-off class. I mean, really Jose. Look at that course title. We all know there isn’t a person alive who is good at all three of those things. Usually being the first automatically disqualifies you for the the second two, likewise a stellar wordsmith typically is too busy dreaming up synonyms for female genitalia to bother with Put-a-Target-On-My-Ass stuff like Mammagement and This Way Men. Incidentally, I just thought up “Silken Trap” while you were reading that. Go me!

Dude that podium has 2 cupholders! Thats fucking amazing!

Wow. If Jose could bottle and sell envy, this thread would pay for his entire education.

The one on the right is a mouse pad/platform.

The one on the right is a mouse pad/platform.

Man, what a bunch of morons at Penn, then, if they’re using it as a cupholder. Did I mention I went to Harvard?

Hey, have you guys heard the one about the guy who called tech support about his 32X cupholder? Maybe Jose could start a new thread on it!

-Tom

Bren- Yes, we all wish we could be annoying children like you and Jose. You’ve pegged it.

Eat at Pat’s. Fuck Geno’s.

–Dave

I guess there’s a few pissed-off left handed professors there.
Also, Ben is right.

I don’t know, man. While for many years I was a Pat’s fan, I think Geno’s has been making a slightly better steak for the past couple of years. Pat’s still gets those Vilotti Pisanelli deliveries throughout the day, so I guess you can’t really go wrong…