Grimoire - It has Begun

Ah HA! That’s you there, eh? Don’t worry, your secret identity is safe with me. :) Actually, since a lot of Codexers follow this thread it’s too late.

This is the latest from Cleve:

Originally posted by Remove Kebab - Deus Vult!:
The trolls should stop wasting Cleves time or the game will never be finished.

Exactly. I’ve got a lot of hard work to do and I am almost finished with the hardest stuff. The beginning of this week it was massive, now it’s just trickled down to nothing. Most of those areas remaining above were completed in full walkthroughs as recently as the last 60 days. Not much to go now. I thought I might be ready by tomorrow but obvious I am going to have to work the weekend and then we will see. I’m not making any promises this time but I feel the next few days that is it.

Although I have only been following this game for a month as I had never heard of it previously, I somehow feel that it will be released shortly, I am so naive.

I’ve followed it for two weeks and I can already see the pattern. He’s just making things up as he goes along. There’s no linear progress or an apology for struggling with whatever he said he’d be working on.

Kind of amusing, but I’m getting bored already.

Yeah I don’t know how those Codex dudes keep the up for years on end. Just shit or get off the pot already.

So he was gonna release it a couple of weeks ago despite all this important shit not being done which he’s currently working on? Hilarious.

He could just not read that stuff.

They task me. They task me and I shall have them. I’ll chase them 'round the boards of the Codex and 'round the comp.sys.ibm.pc.games maelstrom and 'round Shub Niggurath’s flames before I give them up.

CLEEEEEEEEEVE

Is this not out yet still?

No, and Cleve said he’ll continue working over the weekend.

You can’t see it, but I just gave you a ghost like.

That GIF deserves a good and loud “YOU GO, GIRL”.

Props to you, my friend.

On the 12th he posted a huge list with the names of areas that are totally done and checked. Including:

(!V1 DONE)Kublai Axis

Yesterday he posts this:

Kublai Axis, which was marked as done about 5 years ago, turned out to have huge problems when you went to break into Vanguard buildings or even force the lock. The VG Marines would stay permanently angry at you forever after keeping you from ever joining the Vanguard and getting all kinds of perks. Got it fixed up so there is a way to get into the maximum security vault and steal the stuff even after they have been angry at you for something else. You can steal the keys off Vanguard soldiers and even if you get caught you can get into buildings without ruining all communications with the Vanguard.

So he’s finding bugs in areas that he just recently claimed where complete and verified. Then there’s the tacit admission that his big list of areas that are “done” is actually from a failed release attempt five or more years ago. Also that he hadn’t actually tested some of the areas in the last five years, which puts them back to a time well before his failed indiegogo campaigns. Clearly he didn’t make any real attempt to get things ready for the indiegogo release date(s) (big shock I know).

Can’t you just not upset the Vanguard people and everything will be OK?

Yeah man, they’ve got my 401k!

At this point I’m wondering whether he’s just making up stuff about the game in general.

Fixed it for you.

You never know, when we get into Vanguard and break into the maximum security vault after having stolen the keys of some angry marines, we will think back to this thread, shaking our heads and wondering how we ever doubted Cleve.

That’s why it pays to have a diversified portfolio spread among multiple mercenary groups.

Classic Cleve:

7/5/03

The reason I have an underground shelter is because I’m a sane man in an insane world. While the sheeple scratch their lottery tickets and drink their beer, irrevocable natural forces are gathering like a storm all around them as they have for millions of years, for the purposes of a population cull. I see this. You might but you discard that observation because you say, “Tex is weird. I don’t see anybody else running around screaming hysterically and digging with a shovel or constructing their own underground shelters, so therefore Tex must be in some way pathological. I don’t realize that Tex is operating at an intellectual level about a hundred times higher than that of ordinary people and that the reason he is pawing and snorting at the ground nervously is because his eyesight is way superior to the rest of the herd. There is something coming across the savanna which Tex can see that I can’t … probably because I think mostly out loud in a series of crude cliches and received knowledge.”

It’s helplessness and a form of fear that has reduced you to resignation. It is the opposite of the life force. You should feel the energy in my shelter. It’s what the other side feels like. It’s fertility, aggression, confidence, security and self-reliance. There is no grim climax in my future - only in yours. It is surrender trying to dress itself up with a philosophy robe and a cheap feather in a turban.

I’m not a loser, not even a noble resigned one. I’m the guy who will be here, like his ancestors. You can be resigned, though. I guess it beats taking action and permits more time for watching football.

Yep. All them Neanderthals walking around today.