Grognard Wargamer Thread!

I saw “Cold War Trilogy,” there and got a little excited. I see the designer’s name on Gorbachev. Do we know anything about that one? And, it did say trilogy. Did I miss the third game?

Mulling over War in the West with Operation Torch. With an 18% off coupon I have laying around I can get both from Matrix for $32.

Note that I have but have basically never played War in the East.

Not having played WitE isn’t a handicap, really. On the contrary.

Happy to take up a match when you feel ready.

I’ll mark my calendar for about five years from now, then?

Playing the game in real time is an excellent idea. So thematic!

Actually it would be kind of “fun” to do a head to head game of War in the Pacific Admiral’s Edition, 1 turn a day with a turn scale of 1 day, starting on December 7th.

Over at somethingawful there was a person, Grey Hunter IIRC, that did a let’s play of WITP playing at a rate of 1 game day per day.

I was waiting for Grigsby’s WitW to go on sale again, so I picked it up. I’ll easily get my money’s worth messing around with it. 65% off on Steam for whoever may be interested.

I wish Gary would hurry up and finish his spiritual successor to Steel Panthers that he has been working on.

He did a full Allied playthough 1 turn per day, and is now up to December 44 in a Japan playthough.

This I am actually really excited for.

Dont toy with me! For real?

Yes, Steel Tigers or something. @MiquelRamirez has mentioned it only like 15 times!! :)

Do we know anything concrete about that project?

Yeah, the aforementioned Miquel is playtesting it.

At least it’ll be multiplayer, mod-friendly and won’t have tanks trying to attack urban areas like some pretender “GOTY” everyone is gaga-ing about (because of the dearth of actual good games…the mediocre-at-best look like winners these days…).

Ok, Ok, damn it, I’ll shut up again…

Yeah, I think Pavel has taken over the WITE/WITW work and Gary has been focused on Steel Tigers for a while. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

That’s kind of exciting.

I’m waiting for Steel Somuas myself.

Not Steel Tigers, but the 2nd instalment of WITE :)