Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

I think it’s a stupid move by Disney and a net loss for the GotG franchise and the fans, but until people start realizing that this “fire him now” stuff has a price, they aren’t going to stop inciting mob rule by moral panic. Disney had a chance to draw the line, and they couldn’t do it. Maybe they felt that after giving Roseanne the death penalty after one stupid tweet, they couldn’t get around dozens.

The jokes were indeed cruel and dark, but so is my sense of humor. I laugh at Jezelnik’s stuff.

*a consistent, ongoing pattern of shitty behavior, where that one stupid tweet was the final straw

So do I. Color me conflicted.

I had no idea he wrote Troma films. Of course you’re going to find some trashy tweets.

I read the thing they printed in Polygon. He seems to have written something about which super heroines he’d like to screw? That’s it?

That and something anti-trans supposedly. I’m assuming it was all jokes in poor taste and ‘pushing the envelope’. Which is fine and I have a dark sense of humor myself. Still, in this day and age you are gonna need to clean up anything from your social media accounts that is pushing humor into it’s darkest corners unless you can deal with the online mob justice that frequently brings out the most vocal of crazies.

Talent agencies definitely need to either employ someone like this or find an agency that does it. It needs to be a service they offer to their clients, and hopefully this makes it clear why.

He had some really dark joke tweets about pedophilia and rape, the kind that were definitely more about shock value than cleverness. That’s what I’m most surprised he hasn’t dealt with (deleted) long ago. Unfortunately I had to go to Breitbart for an accounting of those details.

Whoa, that’s a big move by Disney. Apparently the script for GOTG 3 is finished, though I wonder if it will be overhauled when they attach a new director? I’m not the biggest Marvel movie fan, but along with Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok, the Guardian films felt like they had the director’s finger prints all over them, and were more enjoyable because of that.

I’m not a huge Marvel fan myself, but I really dig the GotG movies, they’re totally up my alley.

Ron Howard’s Guardians of the Galaxy 3 should be pretty good.

Maybe Rian Johnson will direct and re-write it.

That’s probably gonna happen, but I hope that maybe they give it to Taika Waititi since Thor:Ragnarok was basically a GOTG movie that accidentally featured Thor instead of the team.

I hear Brett Ratner isn’t too busy these days!

Naw they’ll get Taika Watiti. Bet on it.

It makes the most sense, to me.

Gunn statement

“My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative,” Gunn said. “I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time.”
“Regardless of how much time has passed, I understand and accept the business decisions taken today,” he said. “Even these many years later, I take full responsibility for the way I conducted myself then. All I can do now, beyond offering my sincere and heartfelt regret, is to be the best human being I can be: accepting, understanding, committed to equality, and far more thoughtful about my public statements and my obligations to our public discourse. To everyone inside my industry and beyond, I again offer my deepest apologies. Love to all.”

LULWUT

Roseanne had dozens upon dozens of horrific racist tweets. That they ever signed her at all was their mistake.

Seriously

https://www.tweetdelete.net/

Nobody needs their old tweets.

Sure James Gunn’s edge-lord attempts at humor were bad, but fuck crucifying a guy for bad tweets from 9 years ago seems like a bit of an over-reaction.

Seriously, delete your tweets forever.

Generally speaking, I don’t think Tweeting is worth it for most people. :(

What the fuck is going through a persons mind who thinks jokes about pedophilia is being “provocative”. Some really stupid people in Hollywood.