Hades (SuperGiant Games)

How is everyone playing this game? Gamepad or mouse/keyboard?

X360 controller

Gamepad, omg I can’t even imagine trying to do this on keyboard.

Mouse/keyboard.

360 controller, I definitely recommend it.

I tried two games recently, Book of Demons and Hades. I had to refund Book of Demons because my wrist started hurting too much using the mouse/keyboard (I liked the game).

I tried Hades with mouse/keyboard but trying to move with WASD was crazy! I usually veer away from games that use a controller because I just stink with them. However, with this game the controller kinda works for me because even though my movement is not precise I can get around enough to enjoy the game.

I might try Book of Demons again the future.

Bought this the other night. Just made it to the end of Elysium on my…8th run? Something like that. I’ve managed to escape Tartarus every time, although once or twice only by the skin of my teeth. Only gotten past Asphodel the once, this last time when I nearly went full bore through the guys at the end of Elyisum there. Just unlocked the fists, the last weapon available to me now. Great game.

Been playing pretty obsessively. Nineth run, and I’m in the Temple of Styx. Stopping for the night…

The big guy himself stopped my run, when I had my health reduced from like 100 to nothing within a couple of seconds from some damage source I couldn’t even really identify. Irritating.

There was going to be an update in June, I think I’m going to start playing the game with that update.

Yeah.

Our next update will introduce many new Boons and Hammer upgrades, which will both directly and indirectly affect the balance of sword and all other weapons, by introducing new options and build paths. So even if we do not make significant direct changes to the weapons at this point, they will continue to evolve by virtue of the new content – including having to face new foes with them.

Good for them. I guess it didn’t get review bombed when it came to Steam after being on Epic? That’s nice to hear.

I sunk about 20 hours into this in May and just love it. I got to the point where I could pretty reliably get to the final boss every time and beat him maybe 50% of the time. I’ve been able to upgrade most of the weapons a few levels and began to hit the grind of upgrading the palace when I took a break. I wasn’t crazy about the new weapon they added in the last update but I really like the new goddess powers. I still love the Adamant Rail and the Spear. I’ll definitely pick it back up again when the new update drops and this is already my favorite Roguelike even in EA.

Run #10:

Still playing it very frequently. The combat flow is just superb. Can’t wait for the June update though since it’s been three months since the last content push.

I already own this game, so I should find this out for myself, but I was wondering:

Is this a direct action game, where a button press results in an action by the character on the screen? Or is it like Transistor where… actually I’m not sure what the heck was going on in Transistor, I never did figure it out.

The former. You’ll be mashing buttons quite a bit.

Probably the most frantic action game I’ve ever played.

I completely bounced off the gameplay of Transistor. Hades is much, much better.

the chunked gameplay is also great for WFH.

It’s an isometric Dead Cells Rock8man, with some elements that reminds me of Bastion.