Hardspace: Shipbreaker, blue collar space sim about salvage

You say that like it’s a bad thing!

Something else I learned today - if you’re not sure if you’ve completely cut through a ship element, point your grapple at it and your HUD will show an item weight.

If it says a couple hundred kilos it’s probably free and you can fire it into the cash bins. If it says a couple hundred tons… you probably haven’t and can’t.

Although just now when I was short of time and had taken the whole front section off the ship I just triple-tethered it to the recycler. Some of the equipment inside was destroyed, but it was a big ole chunk of nanocarbon for the work order.

Thanks for the updates! I am really enjoying this one as well!

Greenmangaming has this on sale for $16.99 for VIPs

Comes up 15.99 for Humble Monthly subscribers. I picked it up since I know it will have a 3 act story that the dev’s have mentioned will be around 40 hrs long. Might mess with it a bit when I have time, then shelve it until it leaves early access.

6-18-2020 8-20-41 PM

So many nice little touches in this game. I broke off a piece of metal and fired it down a hallway to get it out of the way and two seconds later something flashes past me doing eleven thousand miles per hour.

Turns out I’d punctured a propellant can and it vented its fuel off into the dock somewhere… and the fuel stayed as a slowly dissipating cloud…

Yeah, I have to grab this while it’s on sale. Looks like fun. Lots of emergent stuff.

Annnnnd my pièce de résistance.

Time to reset the DAYS WITHOUT NUCLEAR INCIDENT counter to zero. From zero.

Silly reactors needing coolant when they aren’t even in use. Pfft.

Hah i like how it ressembles the Homeworld 2 ships when they explode.

I want to point out that the game has been on the top 10 of Steam global top sellers since the initial release six days ago. Given the nicheness of it, and that is a EA game without a lot of content right now, I would say it’s pretty impressive, and assures the game as a minimum won’t bomb or will be abandoned because lack of success.

Really enjoying it. Absolutely HATE the meta game. Time limits?? Recharge grind? Paying off debts? Big bad corporation cliche? Fuck all that shit. Hope they gut it or do it well.

However the moment to moment gameplay of cutting ships up is beautiful and well worth the price of admission even now.

Fanatical also has this game with 25% discount: 18,74 euro’s

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/hardspace-shipbreaker

Warning: This game only runs in 1920x1080 so far. My ultrawide is sad.

There is the free play where you can cut ships with no time limit and unlimited resources.

I know :) And its fun! I just wish the “career” mode gets a redo.

Devs have already said that there’s been a lot of feedback on the time limits and they are considering how to provide options.

It looks like a lot of fun, but I hate games with time limits, and won’t buy games with them (I suck at games in general, and timers stress me out). Although, I did just learn you can play without them, I would like to be able to play the career mode.

They’ll probably change the timers to be adjustable or optional at some point, after all the ‘feedback’ they’ve had:

we are already exploring our options on what we can do on the Dev side of things to allow Players the freedom to choose how they wish to experience the Campaign mode in our game.

source: The Shift Timer & Community Feedback! (Response from the Devs) :: Hardspace: Shipbreaker General Discussions

Yup, and I’m the same way @LeeAbe. Just to clarify, even now there are not hard time limits. Regardless, I’d be delighted if they made shift durations adjustable in some way.