Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Your slash is good and ready.

That sounded dirty.

Wait, which Patreon am I subscribed to again?

Thanks!

what happened to my favorite solarized dark big font? or other big font themes?

The ability to control font size is now built into Discourse, on a per device/per theme basis. So go reset it in your Interface settings and you should be fine again.

This is good news indeed! Thanks!!

When did we get the new messages? So and so is new here. So and so hasnā€™t posted in a while. Any others?

I like those. Neat little features. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a recent core Discourse addition. They like the ā€œfostering the communityā€ thingā€¦

Qt3 has not been working for me when accessing from my office. It says Safari cants establish a secure connection. The same laptop, when connected to my home WiFi, works. Maybe work block Qt3, but any other non productive websites like YouTube, Facebook and Instagram works. I donā€™t think my admin purposely wants to spike me from browsing Qt3.

Could the link preview possibly please put a max-width on the preview image? Saw this one blow out in the V:TM:B thread. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines II

What idiot posted that? Also why the hell is it so wide.

poker face

Seems like fairly frequently (and only in the last few weeks) on Safari in iOS on my iPhone will stop displaying the cursor if Iā€™m typing/editing a post and do something to take me away from that screen and then I switch back to it. I just got it to happen again by switching over to Messages and back, though it didnā€™t happen when I just switched to the springboard and back.

Recently, while lingering on the Latest page in a browser tab, my browser no longer adds a little (#) (where # is the number of new messages I can click the little blue bar to see) to the window title at the front of the title, so itā€™s not obvious when new posts have been made that I could go back to that tab and see.

It does still prepend the little # when I get actual notifications (e.g., PMs), so Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ve just modified what triggers it to show up. I wonder if thatā€™s a tweakable setting, stusser? And if anyone would mind changing it back to the old behavior?

If not, no worries, but Iā€™ll be a little sad.

Not that Iā€™m aware of, no.

Last time I was told I was crazy, and chalked it up to some weird interaction with my workā€™s security software and Chrome - but there is definitely something messed up with Discourseā€™s memory usage. My tab was taking up 1200MB of memory with the next highest being around 400, right back in line after I killed and refreshed. Currently on Chrome 72.0.3626.121 but this has been happening forā€¦ a while.

Itā€™s probably keeping all the viewed posts in memory.

Taking up 66MB in Firefox with a tab open for days. Maybe itā€™s a Chrome thing. A new tab I just opened in Chrome took 69MB, but that isnā€™t a fair comparison.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to submit a comment? If not, I think it should be ctrl/cmd+enter, like Gmail and a few other apps/sites. I googled but didnā€™t find anything.

Nice.

I just checked and was at 3.5 GB for my Qt3 tab in Brave browser, which is Chromium-based. Killed and restarted and it was down to around 70 MB.

Not sure if itā€™s related, but Iā€™ve also noticed a lot of misread clicks over the last week or so. The pattern seems to be that I scroll down to the end of a thread and click on one of the Suggested Topics, but it acts like I clicked the Share, Flag, or Reply button. My guess would be that itā€™s whatever the cursor was over before scrolling down.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever clicked on a suggested topic before, but I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe a chrome bug there too.