Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

The answer is “it will import the content in a few weeks”. That’s at least what they said.

It seems today it’s being a disaster of a launch, with the IO servers failing and people not being able to transfer their content.

I didnt have the hitman 2 gold content so I bought the access pass on sale for 20 bucks. Gives you the season pass content

Microsoft are fucking morons. They forgot to actually put the Hitman 3 base game in the $100 bundle that comes with Hitman 2. Right now it’s just the access packs for deluxe content and Hitman 2 content.

So, when does Hitman 3 come to Steam? In one year? I can wait.

IOI’s progression carryover server is overloaded. Since your Hitman 3 progress will be erased once you do the carryover, we kind of have to wait for the server to be fixed to start actually playing the new game. I seriously love the Hitman games, but this launch is kind of a charlie foxtrot.

Does no one test things anymore before release in the IT field? Damn…

To be fair, it sounds like he purchased a thing called “HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold” which for some reason is $99.

Of course that doesn’t include Hitman 3, why didn’t the buyer spend hours trawling twitter and reddit to understand the Hitman 3 launch and what IOI means when they market products? Buyer’s fault!

Check out the description for the product on the microsoft store:

“HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold: The HITMAN 3 Access Pass system allows you to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 locations in HITMAN 3, essentially making it possible to play all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy from within HITMAN 3. Purchasing or redeeming this Access Pass will grant access to the locations from ‘HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition’ in HITMAN 3. You must own HITMAN 3 to access this content.”

Does it include the Hitman 1 levels or not? Why is Hitman 2 selling for $100? How many times can they squeeze the word “HITMAN” into a single sentence?

Servers not working on launch day is the icing on the cake.

… I will still buy this.

LOL… The Access Pass for Hitman 2 standard edition is selling for $99 AUD on consoles. Hitman 3 itself is only $79 AUD!

Well, I tried just playing the levels in order this time around. These are some of the best damn Hitman levels ever: they have interesting in-level gimmicks and well, they’re visually stunning. Sadly, it’s kinda hard to talk about it without spoiling anything. I’m also very impressed by the sound design. You were already getting lots of little aural cues in the game and they seem to have tweaked it so they’re even better.

I agree the launch sucks away some of the fun, though. Reading a 5-page document on how to import isn’t exactly thrilling. I’ve had some small disconnection issues on launch day and the “import progress” feature is buggy. I’m worried that if I do it now before they fix it something will mess up and you can only do it once. Then again, I’m also worried that if I play too much before uploading it will mess it up in another way. :-/

I’m disappointed by the new items too. You can count on the fingers of one hand the new (non-reskin) items in H3, and they add very little to the table. They really didn’t try. We do have by my account 14 different variants of the M1911 now, though! We also have multiple reskins of items that are invisible in the game! What am I doing with a feather duster, a snow globe and a violin? It’s weird, because the idea of carrying over your equipment from game to game kinda implies that you have stuff worth carrying over. The open-ended nature of the game already removes some of the importance of your gear, but they really didn’t make an effort at making you feel like you’re an international assassin building an arsenal to be ready for any scenario.

TL;DR: The new levels are really good, but don’t expect a completely different game in any way. You can also probably afford to wait until they iron out the crossover issues.

Is there a reason for new owners to connect right now? I know that eventually you want to play the older games’ maps in the new engine, but isn’t that less exciting than someone getting Hitman 3 right now and playing through the Hitman 3 campaign first? I’m surprised there’s such a rush to want older content right away. I’m probably just missing something since I’ve never played these games.

I’ve never understood why these recent Hitman games don’t have better guns. I get that gunplay in general is janky on purpose for anything other than carefully lining up a single mid-to-short range shot to someone’s head, (sniper levels excepted) but I really wish there was some difference to Agent 47’s pistols.

Finally got the progress carryover website to work, but now I can’t log into my profile on my PS4, which means I can’t go online at all. Seems other folks on reddit are having the same problem.

When you do the carryover it will reset your Hitman 3 progress to zero.

Yeah, but some players have reported that their progress got reset, but some challenges stayed “completed” in Dubai, so they couldn’t unlock some things.

I’m not sure what your question is, but yeah, it’s fine if you just start from H3. It’s probably even better without any unlocks, you just go in fresh.

People are getting annoyed about the old content because they were told it was going to be free if pre-purchased and some of the old unlocks are a chore to get. None of this is an issue for new players.

Still, it’s one overarching story, so I guess it might be cool to play all missions in order, but it’s really not that big of a deal.

This all sounds like my decision to just wait until the Steam version is available is the right one for me.

Naive question alert: I have played H1 and H2. Is there anything wrong with just booting up my copy of H2 if I want to play those levels? Is it just the ease of accessing everything at once?

Nothing wrong. I think the only thing that you will be missing rtx effects, I’d you have rtx card.

Does H3 have ray-tracing or DLSS? I thought they were merely ‘promised’ at some point in the future.

Oh I wasn’t up to date. It seems it’s coming later?

I didn’t buy it because I couldn’t justify it for myself, given I still have to play the two missions from the H2 expansion (and do some saso challenges for the core missions). But it seems it was a good choice, in the end.