Holiday Sale Damage Thread

Banner Saga is great!

A buddy of mine gave me Banner Saga 2 for my bday. . . but I didn’t have 1 >.>

So fixed that! hah

I have come very close to buying it but have never pulled the trigger.

Tell me why I should buy it. What is it like?

So, my caveat emptor is that I own it on Android; I play it on my phone during times when, say, I have a layover at an airport terminal.

I like the game’s setting: it does the whole ‘slow-moving-apocalypse’ thing very well; it feels like some of Robert Jordan’s earlier “Wheel of Time” novels. I cared about some of the characters enough to get the same sort of satisfaction I would out of a work of literary fiction.

The animation is done by some people who worked on Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast”, I believe, and it shows. The characters are wonderfully drawn.

The combat makes you think, but it’s very forgiving (in the beginning at least). It was a bigger challenge managing my caravan’s resources; I found myself always wanting to upgrade my heroes’ abilities, but needing to spend victory points on supplies instead.

I got it more or less on a whim while browsing ‘critically acclaimed’ games on Google’s app store. It’s one of the best games on a phone I’ve played.

I’ve only picked up Night in the Woods. For whatever reason, I have barely bought anything in Steam sales this year. On the other hand, I have made almost $1 selling Steam trading cards and am hoping to find some charming little indie game to spend it on before the sale ends.

It’s fine, you don’t need to buy the whole store in a single day.

Uhhh… yeaaahh. I got kind of trigger happy.
Ended up buying pretty much everything I wanted.

Hitman
Wolfenstein I
Wolfenstein II
Destiny 2
COD: WWII
Grim Fandango (it was pretty much for free so it probably doesn’t count)
Hidden Agenda
L.A. Noire

Yeah… thank god it’s winter. I’ll just stay inside until the sun shows again.

Edit: This making my current damage: Eating porridge for the rest of the month

Oh, I forgot about Tom Clancy: The Division. So much fun!

Yep, it’s in very good shape now. The last few patches added a lot of great stuff. I think the next Global Event is at the end of January, so I have to finish my current RPG kick by then, so I have time to play.

This sounds great! What mod are you using?

Final Damage Report:

Life is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe Edition (GMG)
Aven Colony (GMG)
Ironcast & all DLC (Steam)
The Fidelio Incident (Steam)
Flood of Light (Steam)
Evil Defenders (Steam)

All that for around $40 isn’t too bad. My backlog and fear of games being in a humble monthly have kept my buying desire under control.

Oh, I’ll have to look out for that! I’m already regretting not buying the Season Pass instead…

Picked up To The Moon and Pinkman on Steam. And Fez, which I didn’t have for some reason.

And my hexagon. I am now visibly important.

The sale ends in a few hours and the damage was next to nil,

Dungeon Warfare for $2 and change
Soundboxing for $3 and change

Both are great so I am happy.

I just played through that and enjoyed it. Next up is Bird Story and then the new game by the same dev.

Mine I think was modest -
Humble Bundle CodeMaster Racing - 1.25
Sword Coast Legends - 7.58
Titan Quest Ragnarok - 14.99
Daw of Discovery God - 3.74
Eador: Masters of the Broken World - 1.99
Humble Monthly - 10.80

I think the total was $40.35, but that is all the purchases starting in December.

Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition
Divinity Original Sin 2

that should keep me occupied till the next big sale

I was really close to pulling the trigger on several items on my wishlist, all of which had 70% or greater discounts. I was even considering the Lords of the Realm Collection (Lords I-III and Lords of Magic) for $4 because I loved LotR 1 & 2 and LoM back in the day and just recently learned they were all available on Steam.

In the end I purchased nothing though, as my logic brain kept reminding me of my 700 game backlog and the fact that whatever I bought would undoubtedly appear in a bundle for like $2 within 90 days of my buying it, and long before I actually got around to playing it. I hate you sometimes logic brain.

Humble Monthly drops tomorrow. What are the odds something from my wishlist appears as one of the reveals?

I’m hoping for a couple of things I deliberately held off on (after checking that they’d never been in a Humble Monthly): Cryptark and 3030 Deathwar Redux.

Yup, I just did a quick check and realized Humble Monthly comes tomorrow and I’ll buy Cryptark and it’ll be in the monthly or something else. Pinball Arcade table packs were the only thing I bought on Steam during the sale.