Hot Fuzz Movie

I just wanted to join the TV ads in saying this is out today in the US, and if you don’t have it, you should. It’s even better on DVD when you can back up and see the old lady get drop kicked again and again.

Yes, I had to rewind that part like 3 times tonight. And I giggled like a school girl each time.

I picked it up today and watched it tonight. Great flick. Makes one want to be a policeman officer in small town england.

This should help curb those impulses.

That’s just mean

Cruel to be kind.

I watching it last night, best movie I’ve seen all year.

That’s how I felt, probably because I think Point Break and BBII are inherently funnier than zombies, especially when built around the elderly.

Hah, that worked and perhaps you missed the subtle joke there.

SWAN!

Watched this this past weekend it was simply brilliant. Highly recommend!

We couldn’t even finish this movie. We laughed more at the trailers that came on before the film began. Half an hour in and not one laugh means it got popped out and we moved on to something else. When you can’t squeeze a titter out of a scene with Martin Freeman and Bill Nighy, you may as well cut your losses.

Oh, and the something else we moved on to was 300 which was also fucking awful, but was at least compelling enough visually to watch to the end. What the hell were those three screenwriters doing when they should have been writing dialogue? Snorting blow and making money hats?

Pees and rice, what the heck do people find funny if not Hot Fuzz?

Agreed. 300 was terrible. I rented them both on the same day. HF was the clear winner in my book.

I rented this over the weekend and thought it was the funniest movie I’ve seen in some time. Yes, the first 30 minutes or so are not nearly as funny as the final 30 minutes, it’s a slow build. There is still plenty to laugh at from the start though.

Timothy Dalton was brilliant.

Yep - I bought the DVD. One of my favs of the last few years…Not laughing at this = broken funny bone :)

A lot of the stuff in the first 30 minutes becomes much, much funnier when you watch it the second time. It’s a very dense script full of stuff you can’t catch on one viewing.

“Is it true there’s a place on the back of the head that if you shoot it the head explodes?”

Have you ever read the original 300 graphic novel?

Let’s just say they were pretty faithful to Frank Miller’s original dialogue and leave it at that.

P.S. I will weep for your lost soul if you gave up on Hot Fuzz 30 minutes in.

I wish I’d given up on 300 30 minutes in.

You’ve got to remember that much of what happens in the first 30 minutes is set-up for punchlines in the final act of the film as well.