How Geeky are ya?

It’s probably too late for people that never started a D&D club at the local library, but every little bit can help. The other day I was standing in Gamestop, wearing a Skull the Troll shirt and trying to decide if I should buy some WizKids Mechs or the Tron 2.0 dolls. I decided on the Tron dolls (duh - they were those lame Dark Age mechs and not a nice Mad Cat or something), but next time I pledge to buy both & donate the Mechs to a worthy cause.

48.71795% - Super Geek

Ouch.

Do I get points knocked off or added for being able to recite Poe and Shakespeare?

Ohhhhh, i had hundreds of those things! Selling junk food at school to feed my miniature collection was what it was all about. When we would design custom mechs we had a rule that you had to salvage the parts from your miniatures to make an accurate representation of your newly designed one.

Man, I still miss doing that…[/quote]

I ran a campaign for about five years for six players. We actually had Geohex 3D terrain, and between all of us, we probably had a couple of hundred miniatures. However, we also had a rule of no custom mechs, for play balance. So you win the Battletech geek contest!

40.23669% - Major Geek

That puts me somewhere between a Captain Geek and a Lt. Col Geek.

• Alan

Ha! I’m there! Hulk Smash!

Remedial geek training has commenced. I’ll be looking for that C-130.

C-130 rolling down the strip
Geekborne soldiers on a one-way trip
Mission uncertain, calculation unknown
We don’t know why we ever left home
Stand up, throw up, shuffle to the door
Geek right out on a count of four

Dammit I got 99.99999 = Tom Chick
I have to add a .00001 if I admit I’m gay

4.9% Poser, I didn’t even get an amusing description or anything. A lot of that stuff is pretty hardcore – half the time I had no idea what they were referencing! :?

So how did you guys get such high scores? What types of geeky tendencies helped you out so much? Well, seeing how a year ago, I would have gotten an even lower score (most of the answers came from stuff I’ve done in the last year) maybe in a couple of years I’ll be qualified to join the Geek Club.

Personally, if there was “make long-winded posts on forums” box, I could have gained zillions of points. :)

-Kitsune

43.78698% - Major Geek

I do it for a living and am currently pursuing a BS in CS though… I think I had it easy on this test. Besides the fact that I married a big board gaming/media/tabletop RPG geek (on this board, who I technically met elsewhere online :p) and he’s had a lot of influence over my entertainment experiences over the last 4 years. >:D

39.25049% - Major Geek

Hmmm. The wife scored a couple of points higher than me. Of course she got the bonus points just for being a chick, but hey- She wins this round. Of course, she doesn’t redesign obscure old board games in her spare time… :)

I think if you live in Japan, you get a +25% cultural bonus.

And here I thought being Japanese only got you a cultural bonus in the Weirdo/Wacky/On Crack category. Yippee!

-Kitsune

Hmmm, 33.53057%. Alas, only a major geek, and not a proto-geek.

Only 29.5858% - Total Geek even if I lied a bit to increase my score…

30.5something%, Total Geek.

34.51677% - Total Geek

And how can Steve not know what a Taun Taun was?

35.10848% - Major Geek

Holy shit, I’m geekier than Scooter?! I guess those 15+ years more on Earth than that dweeb have gone to some good use after all!

…and I seriously think Bauman needs to be banned from here for his score. Or at least spotted a couple more points for those dorky glasses of his.

24.65483% - straight geek, no additives, no artificial flavours. I guess I enjoy the sun too much.

29.5858 = Total Geek.

Heyyyyyy… Wazzup with the “check all five boxes if you’re a female” thing, and the male:female geek ratio supposedly being “at least 10:1?”

Welcome to the 21st Century, boyz…

23.07692% - Geek

26.42998% - Total Geek

I also submitted two more categories to the webmaster for consideration. Does that net bonus geek points?