How should we arrange the "Game of the Decade" QT3 poll?

I am ok with that!

I’m not a math nerd, but I came up with a poll method years ago that I liked. Basically you get one vote worth 1 point; two votes worth 1/2 points; three votes worth 1/3 point; four votes worth 1/4 point, etc. etc. Vote as few or as many times as you like (unless a human is doing the counting) but obviously for fewer and fewer points.

I like that we’re voting on how we’re going to vote, but I still have no idea what games I’ll possibly vote for. I haven’t thought that far ahead (back?) yet. What future me is going to vote is a complete mystery to present me.

Can I vote for Dwarf Fortress? Or would that be the previous decade? Or do we have to wait for the 2040s when 1.0 hits?

I say absolutely yes. The game of the year thread has way too many gatekeepers. It’s your vote, you decide what was your game of the decade.

This is a single game vote/nomination right?

That’s still being voted on. But no, that’s not one of the options. That was voted down in earlier polls. (It was Question 2 in the original post. As of this moment 5 people had voted for it out of 93. If you had voted for it, it would have been 6 people out of 94 who preferred that option).

We still seem to be split around whether we should rank our lists or not, but I’m curious why more people didn’t also select the option for us to do it both ways? If that had a larger voting bloc I think it would be an obvious choice. Specifically I would feel weird asking people to rank their lists who already think picking ten games is a big ask, and this way everyone just does it how they want to.

I refuse to let those ostentatious know-it-all have-it-togethers to show off their pretty, thoughtful ranked lists to push the rest of us down!

FREEDOM!!!

Come on Armando. Even you have got to have played 10 games in the whole decade and can rank them. In fact, you’ve probably only played about 10 games, so this will be way easier for you than for the rest of us.

I have probably played literally about ten games and definitely can’t rank them

If it helps, Richard Holt says you can list games from previous decades.

Oh god that is the opposite of help I actually played AND FINISHED games in college

I’ve apparently played around 270 this decade (according to lists I keep). This will not be simple for me.

Just please don’t put Slay the Spire at the top. Games have taken us to amazing virtual worlds this decade, I’d be very sad if a (well-balanced and clever, admittedly) card game won.

My favorite games of all time are KotOR 1 & 2, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, and Mass Effect 1. Are any of those in the last decade?

If not…might just be StS! Who knows?! I’m a WILDCARD!

Sorry to not read through this entire thread, but how do we deal with the OOTP sort of issue? That would be on my top ten of the decade, but they put out a version every year.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 says I have 130 games in my library (not counting old game discs). I’ve actually played 2/3 of those. I’ve actually completed about 1/2 of the 2/3 (which is actually a pretty good completion rate). About 1/2 of the 1/2 of the 2/3 are from this decade.

My list is going to be pretty small.

There’s a good chance I vote for OOTP too and was planning to just list it as ‘Out of the Park Baseball series.’ That makes most sense to me for perennial series like it, FIFA, Madden, etc. Not sure it would make sense to select a single ‘best’ entry of that ilk.