I got camped

Dogs > cats

Speaking of heat, those dogs look like they should be playing around in the snow in an arctic forest somewhere.

Is it about now that the ‘free cat’ picture gets posted?
And also, my budgie can talk. Top that, cat guys.

Speaking of heat, those dogs look like they should be playing around in the snow in an arctic forest somewhere.[/quote]

Definitely. They love the snow and winter in general. My wife keeps bugging me to buy a dogsled. :)

Graller, those aren’t dogs, they’re wolves! Don’t show any fear, don’t turn your back on them, and move very quietly to the nearest exit. Then call Charles Martin Smith.

-Tom

Surely there’s snow near you? I’m in NZ and I own a dog sled, but a lack of snow means I have to use a wheeled rig for racing - pics at http://www.trinitykennels.co.nz/working.php

Keeping to the topic, here’s Toby on the day he came home, scoping out where the dogs sleep.

Carmey in action:

Judging from that second pic your cat is posessed, Ben. In a more enlightened time you would have been put to the stake for having such an overtly satanic pet.

I’m more curious which cell phone service plan his cats have.

Free nights and nap times?

All cats are satanic.

No self-respecting real cat would deign to name anyone so inconsequential as Satan as their master.

Unless you just mean “satanic” as in evil, in which case, yeah, they are all basically fuzzy eight-pound serial killers.

I love my cats to death, and have had at least one cat in my house for as long as I can remember, but they are evil and they’re stupid evil.

Cats will try to get underfoot at the worst possible times. Sometimes I think they’re trying to kill me (I have a bag of groceries, which may contain cans of soft food, milk, ham, or whatever! Trip me, I die, they can eat all the goodies!), sometimes I just think it’s an attempted reminder that they are nimble and malevolent and I’d better remember my place (provide food, water, treats, and a shit free box of sand) OR ELSE.

What they don’t realize (and never remember) is that I way 190 lbs., and my foot comes down with a good amount of weight. It’s also VERY hard to alter the course of the foot because I’m so slow and they’re so quick. Me crushing them by mistake never crosses their mind. When I do catch myself, they somehow feel the need to move to where I’m trying to put my foot to avoid crushing them! Maybe they’re not evil, just suicidal.

Of course, then they will headbutt my paper/book to plan themselves on my chest, arrogantly insisting that what I was doing is trivial and that love must be provided. Then I go back to “they’re evil”.

Unless you just mean “satanic” as in evil, in which case, yeah, they are all basically fuzzy eight-pound serial killers.

I think it’s Terry Pratchett who opined in a book something along the lines “that if Cats looked like toads we’d all realise just what horrible, sadistic creatures they really are.”

You might surmise that I don’t really like cats that much.

I have an evil dog. He loves being naughty. Every time he misbehaves, when he knows he is in trouble, he freaks out, starts shrieking and jumping around and rthrashing, then he jumps up and tries to give me dog kisses. When he tries to steal things and hide them, if he’s caught, he does the same thing when someone sees him. Immediately after doing anyhing mean to another dog, he turns and looks at me, and sits and wags his tail so hard his whole body moves, as if to say, “didn’t I do good!?! hooray! Everything dies master! hooray!”

Our old dog used to steal underpants from the laundry room and take them out to the backyard to get people to chase her. She also like to kill birds in our backyard by pouncing on them. (She was 100 pounds, but fast.)

Well, if a hack said it, it must be true! Hmm, well, my girlfriend’s ca^H^H^Htoad nuzzles my feet while I work at my desk, meo^H^H^H ribbits when you say “Speak!” (and hold a treat), taps me on the stomach impatiently when he wants attention, and even fetches. He doesn’t kill or steal baby’s breaths or leave flaming footprints on bibles or what the Hell ever you guys are insinuating. I guess cat pics are the anti-Whittalink.

He doesn’t kill or steal baby’s breaths or leave flaming footprints on bibles or what the Hell ever you guys are insinuating. I guess cat pics are the anti-Whittalink.

[size=2]It does all those things when you aren’t looking, and probably voted for Bush as well.[/size]

Yeah, I have two cats and they do all the little cute things also and I wuv them so very, very much. But if you’ve ever seen what they do when they get their paws on anything tiny with a pulse, it’s hard not to notice that there are some eery similarities between your pet and BTK.

I mean, I understand the whole carnivore thing, but I distinctly remember being a kid out in the country, taking that first step outside in the morning on my way to school, and then feeling something soft underfoot. Look down, and I’m standing on a disemboweled mouse, on it’s back, with the little mousy organs all neatly seperated. Not the fucked up part. The fucked up part is the pathetic little squeak after I stepped on him. Oh yeah. Still alive.

Dogs aren’t vegetarians.

And neither am I. In fact, when I was a kid I butchered a few chickens. What I didn’t do was torture a chicken for hours and then not even eat the damn thing. That’s what gets you sent to military school.