I got camped

I hate cats. Dogs are pretty cool, but when I see a cat on the road I’ll usually try to run it over.

I live out in a rural area where collisions with deer are quite common. It’s not unusual to be forced to swerve suddenly in the middle of the night when a deer appears right in front of you.

I swerve when I see a deer because it can easily come through my windshield and kill me, and since you only get a fraction of a second to react, I’ve had a few encounters where I swerved to avoid what I thought was a dear but was really a cat.

Stray cats have become so common in my area now that I can’t risk one causing an accident at night so I just try to hit them when it’s bright.

I know it sounds cruel but it’s out in the boonies and I have to think of my own safety first. It wouldn’t be an issue if people would just keep their cats inside though.

I have often ruminated upon this subject. Whether the life of your average feline, insect, or bear is worthy enough to justify an inconvenience, or whether their interest in life is so small that summary termination at the whim of a human is appropriate.

My conclusion is that to kill an animal that inconveniences you is morally wrong. The danger must be more pronounced before you invoke your liberty interests or admittedly attenuated self preservational goal without the creation of an indelible black mark on your immortal soul.

My cat feels that I am an unjustified inconvenience.

Oh noes, my cat has been Condoleeza’d11!!1!!!

I love that, no matter what, whenever theres a thread with people talking about loving cats some fuckstick comes in and tells a touching tale of how he likes to kill them. Man, the free cat image would be appropriate right about now I guess.

It’s too bad there isn’t an abortion bucket in your size.

I love that, no matter what, whenever theres a thread with people talking about loving cats some fuckstick comes in and tells a touching tale of how he likes to kill them. Man, the free cat image would be appropriate right about now I guess.[/quote]

Jason, come on. It’s an obvious troll. If you’re mistaking a cat for a deer, you shouldn’t even be allowed in a vehicle as a passenger.

That is poor defensive driving, regardless. You should either slow down in your lane or hit the obstruction.

As much as people in this forum will disagree with the substance of your post, that is their perogative. For your safety, you should not swerve at any speed exceeding thirty five miles per hour. It is safer for you, and will more likely result in less loss of life (passengers, dependents.) if you strike the softer obstruction head on, rather than hit trees to the side of the road or oncoming traffic. Beyond that, even if there is no God, you’d be a schmuck for killing cats.

Hey, you left out “…and your 3/4 empty 32 oz. bottle of Natural Light, which was resting between your legs on your junk, now flaccid and sticky from a round with “Two-Dollar” Dorothy (Room 2F, “Skeeter’s Waffles 'n ’ Pussy Gentlemen’s Club”), flies forward when you hit your brakes and you swerve only by chance because you went diving after it and dragged the steering wheel with your bruised left thigh.”

I swerve when I see a deer because it can [color=red]easily come through my windshield and kill me[/color], and since you only get [color=red]a fraction of a second to react[/color], I’ve had [color=red]a few encounters[/color] where I swerved to avoid what [color=red]I thought was a dear but was really a cat.[/color]

Wow, you’re extremely dumb and slow. Oh, those kooky stereotypes!

Stray cats have become so common in my area now that I can’t risk one causing an accident at night so I just try to hit them when it’s bright.

Advice 1: move further away from Starkist plant.
Advice 2: your plan of thinning the feline herd in your area has temporarily shorted out the part of my brain responsible for logic processing. But, I still have my memory, so I recall that you’re very slow, and dumb.

I know it sounds cruel but it’s out in the boonies and I have to think of my own safety first. It wouldn’t be an issue if people would just keep their cats inside though.

I think the cats are from Jesus and they’re there to kill off dumb rednecks firing down back roads in the dead of night awash in moonshine and reeking of fried pork skins (an aroma not necessarily acquired by eating fried pork skins, incidentally). What do you say to that, Cletus?

Please tell the Arkansas DMV that they are far too lenient in awarding Driver’s Licenses (providing the Cracker Jack box isn’t going to help). Be sure to drive fast there through a deer run or two.

First off, you’re a dick, you have no place in this thread, and someone with 9 posts to their name should probably think twice before announcing such things about themselves. You’re going to be the cat-killing deer-swerving redneck forever now.

Second, how fucking big are the cats where you live? Or are the deer really small? Or were you too drunk to tell the difference?

Sounds like you don’t know how to drive very well, actually. There have been a couple of close calls in my driving career, but I have never hit an animal. The correct decision is always to slow down or stop. That you swerve instead to avoid deer means you’re a shitty driver. That you intentionally aim for cats (or any other animal) means you’re a shitty person.

I hate children. Dogs are pretty cool, but when I see a child on the road I’ll usually try to run it over.

I live in an urban area where collisions with poor people are quite common. It’s not unusual to be forced to swerve suddenly in the middle of the night when a poor peron appears right in front of you.

I swerve when I see a poor person because it can easily kill me, and since you only get a fraction of a second to react, I’ve had a few encounters where I swerved to avoid what I thought was a poor pearson but was really a child.

Small children have become so common in my area now that I can’t risk one causing an accident at night so I just try to hit them when it’s bright.

I know it sounds cruel but it’s out in the 'hood and I have to think of my own safety first. It wouldn’t be an issue if people would just keep their children inside though.

Oooh, that’s rough.

hahahahahhahaha :twisted:

I lurv Dungsroman and Ben.

-Tom

To be fair to the cat killing moron, if you’re in a rural area with lots of deer it’s often near impossible to see them at highway speed.

My little story:

Driving through Jasper (provincial park in Alberta) just after dark in my little civic. I had a driver just ahead of me a kilometer at most so didn’t want to turn on my brights. Cruising along, completely awake and alert… Not even speeding. When all of a sudden I flash by two Elk in the middle of the road, just barely missing the first (the second was over farther to the left.) They had crossed the road between our two vehicles completely fearlessly and nearly killed me. There was no swerve time, no slow down time, nothing. It was “Oh shit! Glad I’m not dead!”

Deer I’m not so afraid of, but in a low car like a civic they can still come right through your windshield and kill you, much like those Elk would have done to me.

My wife and I are actually considering getting a new kitten. Which of these should I get?:

http://www.lafspetadoption.com/index6.htm

I would get Peyton Manning, just so you could tell people you adopted a cat named Peyton Manning.

I fully endorse Matt Gallant’s last post, and any products/services he might be offering.

Peyton is also a pretty fucking cute cat.

Here is my cat. Or my wifes cat Fancy to be more precise:
OOPS, just scroll almost all the way to the right is your res is 1024x768. I sized them 1024x768.

And another- shes a beautiful cat:

Here are a couple of my ferrets (Left is Bear & Fuzzy on the Right):
Fuzzy is sweet and will let anyone pick him up. He was my first ferret and is definitely my favorite. Bear is a little skittish but still
a complete teddy bear:

Here is Fancy sleeping with Fuzzy:

Here is a good one of Fuzzy (definitely the baby):

Here is a good one of Bear (probably the best looking of the two):

They like to flop down on or at your feet like that and just lay there looking up at you. Its one of the ways they beg for treats other than just sitting at your feet looking up at you with that innocent face. Its hard to resist. Fuzzy will also paw and scratch at my feet begging to be picked up.
Sometimes they will lift up and wrap their little paws around an ankle
to get picked up. I have heard of them also gurgling to get picked up but mine don’t vocalize much. Those two follow me around the house (they tend to kindof “hop” when they run) like a couple of puppies.