IHOp is now IHOb

Good to hear. (Answer: last time for me was 2003).

So we used to go to both Denny’s and iHop but have been enjoying a new chain called First Watch. It bought out the Egg and I location near us. They have some good dishes and this evil thing called Millionaire’s Bacon, which is bacon seasoned with pepper, brown sugar, and maple syrup.

I’m over 900 miles away from the nearest First Watch restaurant, but that Millionaire’s Bacon might be worth the drive.

Just make your own: https://thestayathomechef.com/spicy-maple-candied-bacon/

I prefer mine with nuts but I can’t find a good recipe incorporating that.

I’ve got an IHOP just down the road, maybe I’ll go give one of these burgers a day in court today.

Be sure to take pictures of it for your Qt3 review.

You mis-spelled “stream it on your social eating channel.”

I guess I’m showing my age.

I have only taken two pictures of my food in my life. Both were of steaks I planned to eat that were bigger than my head.

I don’t plan to make an IHOP burger my third picture!

Umm, maybe its the lighting , but that Steak is a bit too rare, no?

hears cow still mooing

LOL yeah it was the lighting. That was from Lawry’s. Every steak they serve is perfection.

#notsponsored

It looks like a perfect medium steak to me. At least it would be called medium in France, probably. In the U.S. it would probably be called medium rare.

If it’s medium, it’s not perfect.

You’re a fan of rare? I am too, but I’m too chicken to actually order it, because I’m afraid I might get something from it. Most people I know like Well Done, which is just… I don’t know, it’s still good, because it’s steak, but medium is so much better, with more flavor.

You need to disavow yourself of these…so-called “people”…

Yes, rare is the best. I used to not be into steak at ALL, because it was served to me well-done, and because I have TMJ, the excessive chewiness gave me headaches that would last for days.

In comes my now-wife, who convinced me that rare is the best way. The only way. It’s not too chewy, and it’s amazing to taste. Any other way is indeed heresy.

To be clear though, I was mostly talking about what the French call “Medium”, which is pretty much red all the way through. I think that’s called Rare in the U.S. And Rare in France is actively bleeding, and there is no equivalent here.

I had never heard of this place, but there are a few in Austin, and the menu looks pretty great. I’ll have to check it out.

Cool man, enjoy. As with most restaurants the experience may vary from site to site. We’d enjoyed the local Egg and I before it converted. The staff there said the new menu features more healthy options and that in general they push for a better grade of ingredients. It’s not cheap though… although you could say that about most breakfast places now. Gone are the days when you could get a breakfast platter for under $5.

Oh, LOL, if you want to try a real dive that’s not too expensive but gives a lot of food look for a Frank’s Grill. Their locations are almost always beat-up former chain burger joints, really run down shops, but they’ll cover your plate in giant biscuits.

MANNNNN I liked Denny’s. I have fond memories of ordering moons over my hammie while drinking coffee all night trying to figure out circuits with a friend.

First Watch is great. Do not underestimate the pancakes. I go once in a blue moon, order two forgetting how filling they are, and end up eating one at most.