In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

BECAUSE TRANNIES!!!@!~!@#!@#!@

Yeah, the logic gap in this whole “conversation” is beyond me. Nothing has changed. Literally nothing. Since indoor plumbing became a thing. Yet now it’s a crisis that needs dealing with because people are (not) getting raped left and right in bathroom all across the South!

It reminds me of Chappelle’s Black Bush when he starts talking about gay marriage. Forgive the quality,but CC exterminates all references to the damned show. Still the point is the same. “Forget everything else, let’s focus on this thing that doesn’t actually matter.”

This is all reaction to legalization of gay marriage, by some influential right-wing state figures. Don’t expect rational debate between two sides who can’t even agree on the definition of “man” and “woman”.

Hmmm, I didn’t know the NC law was so broad you could be arrested just for being a dick in the ladies room…

The Business Standard News has learned that Rightwing commentator Ann Coulter has been arrested by a security officer for trying to use a women’s bathroom in Charlotte, N.C.

Austin Powers showed up and assured everyone she was a man, baby.

Must have failed the Crocodile Dundee test…

I find this pretty amusing. Governor McCrory, in his endless quest to find someone to blame for the mess he’s created, now says the federal government should be doing a better job of telling him how to not be a jackhole.

“As a country, Congress needs to step up and clarify the Civil Rights Act, which hasn’t been updated for decades,” McCrory said by phone on Wednesday. “A lot of things have changed since then, including the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage. There’s been dramatic change.”

Hah.

Look, I can’t be bothered to read Court decisions so write it into a law that I will also not read or understand.

Hard to believe he’s ever read a law in his life.

Oklahoma lawmakers have introduced a bill that would allow students to request on religious grounds that their public schools provide a bathroom or other facility that bars transgender people.

The bill was authored by Senator Brian Bingman and Speaker Jeffrey Hickman, both Republicans, in response to what it described as an “emergency” and a need to preserve “public peace, health and safety.” It did not mention the Obama administration’s directive specifically.

-Todd

I’d amend the bill so that the new bathroom was funded out of the football team’s budget and had the requesting child’s parent’s name on it in three-inch letters.

Based on my experiences with football parents in Tennessee, I think they’d largely be happy to see their money going to that work and their names attached to it.

Oh, no. What will these states do about the latest update for The Sims 4?

http://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-roundtable-adding-more-choices-to-the-sims-4

Q: So, what does this update mean for those who play the game?

LH: We opened up clothing, makeup, accessories, voices and more to the opposite gender. With these changes, players have the opportunity to explore more gender fluidity than we’ve seen in The Sims before.

RF: Now you can customize, create or modify your Sims with any kind of body type or clothing style.

LP: Players will be able to select almost any piece of clothing or accessories for their Sims, regardless of the initial gender setting. They will also have even more direct control over their Sims’ frame and body shape.

Better question: will they release per-state statistics of how many players are “experimenting” with the alternative roleplay choices :)

My favorite neighborhood restaurant put up a sign in between their two bathroom doors:

“These bathrooms are identical. Please feel free to use either :)”

I feel a little fluttery, but I think I’m still straight. Haven’t been down to the courthouse to see if my marriage is still valid, though.

Suck it NC!

In more “North Carolina blows ass” news:

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/Article/Article_2016-08-02/id-441f7fdd06404790ba0c06a02faad19f/recordType-Spot%20Development

State Toxicologist reporting that the state’s top health official knowingly countermanded his direct suggestions and told residents that drinking water near Duke Energy’s coal ash dumps was perfectly safe to drink when, in fact, it was not. At at all.

Best of all: our current governor (Yes, Pat “Potty Police” McCrory) was a Duke exec for ages before he became our illustrious governor.

To tie it into the thread topic: clearly caliphates can only exist in deserts, and a key component of deserts is not having any water to drink. Which we won’t, more or less, if Duke continues to get their way.

Always bet on Duke.

NCAA pulls 7 championship events from NC that were going to be held there in the 2016-2017 season.

The NC GOP’s response. And I must stress this is not a joke.

‘I wish the NCAA was this concerned about the women who were raped at Baylor’

Woooooooo… boy…

I mean, it is like typical GOP rhetoric. We made a stand! We can’t back down, even if we know are starting to believe that it is wrong, and see the damage it is causing! Against any sort of physical evidence, we are correct!

I feel very torn.

Hate the NC GOP for being a bunch of racist, sexist, oppressive shitheels. . .

or

Love the NC GOP for helping to unclog our state of its enormous basketbro problem?