Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man

Thanks for the replies, @Sammich and @RickH. I’ve definitely found Web Blossom helpful, as well as the focus one. Can one switch suit powers mid fight? That might be a good strategy if so. I can’t seem to get the hang of Swing Kick-- jumping and then holding square doesn’t seem to work, unless I have to “double jump” as it were to stay in the air a bit longer. I have been dodging and jumping more, it’s indispensable.

I found the “spider-bro,” suit ability, the one that stuns everyone around you, to be highly effective for bases.

Just started this. Only a couple of hours in but having a great time so far. The bright atmosphere of Spidey’s NYC is such a far cry from Batman’s Gotham/Arkham. Seems like there’s a lot of options in combat, which isn’t too tough yet. Didn’t really have trouble with that introductory boss fight, so that was nice (playing on the normal difficulty).

How careful do I need to be with the level ups? Will I eventually fill up the skill tree?

You can eventually earn enough levels to open all the slots.

I just finished this on my PS4 Pro. The only real problem I had was sometimes (not very often) the frame rate would slow way down in combat and the graphics would get all blurry and weird looking, with the camera moving strangely. Hard to explain without you seeing what is happening on my system. Anyone else have this happen? I hope it’s not my console since I bought it used on Ebay.

Never saw anything like that in my playthrough.

Seems like it could be my system because I see no reports about anything like that on the net. I completed Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War without any issues at all.

Disc or digital?

My Pro has behaved weird like that with some movies from the library instead of skipping ahead.

I’m using a disc.

No, but I did have a couple of hard crashes on my Pro.

I experienced one crash this last weekend on my Pro. Technically it didn’t require me to reboot the console, but I did it anyway.

Possibly a stupid question, but did this only happen in combat? There are enemies who throw flashbangs, and the camera effects from those are similar to what you describe.

Good point. If so that is an intended effect as you point out. When I had my crash, I got a system error message and everything.

It only happens in combat, maybe it is a flashbang then, I don’t know.

Bought by Sony. Not surprising since most work was on PlayStation.

Spider-Man 2 on PS5 incoming.

Awwww, that makes me a little sad. They just celebrated last year about being one of the longest running studios who were still independent. I guess that couldn’t last.

Ha, I guess they figured they better grab them before MS did. Oh well, not like we were getting another Sunset Overdrive anyway.

Good number of copies for a game not even 1 year old.

Marvel’s Spider-Man has sold through more than 13.2 million copies worldwide as of July 28, 2019.

As one of my favorite games last year I will gladly sign up for a sequel for ps5. One of the very few games I’ve played through to the end in the last few years just because I was enjoying it so much.

Me too, as well as being the only AAA game I played last year. Maybe even in the last three years.