It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

I have one. What about making meatballs in sauce?

I see your meatballs. I raise you garlic.

-xtien

“It was a very good system.”

Damn right, that would probably taste divine.

According to The Annotated Godfather, in the original script, Coppola had Clemenza telling Mike, “You brown some meatballs.” Puzo changed the line, telling Coppola, “Gangsters don’t brown, they fry.”

WarGames taught me about what the DefCon system was! 5 was good, 1 was instant death for the planet.

That’s funny, because Benny & Joon is one of the few movies shot in a place I’m very familiar with, namely Spokane, Washington (where I went to college). A good friend worked at a retirement home that was used as the mental institution (where Johnny Depp swings past the window). And didn’t they show the milk-bottle cafe in the movie, too?

I used to love that movie. Haven’t watched it lately because I’ve been afraid it’d seem a lot more treacly to me today…

Where did you go to college and when? I’m a Gonzaga alum. Class of '99. And yeah, I lived 1/2 block from that mental institution when I was in college.

That sounds very like Coppola, a stickler for detail. Pretty amazing details, actually.

Some gangsters are a bit more cultured than the Goombahs from Brooklyn (who only know Maragot) and take a stab at Coq au Vin.

If I were the man I was five years ago, I’d take a flamethrower to that clip.

-xtien

Dude it’s meta. Vinnie is the loser of the Paisan gangsters. Donnie Brasco is the loser of the Paisan Gangster films. It all makes sense.

Did you guys see Pacino in Jack and Jill? Performance of a lifetime.

-Tom

OK, @ChristienMurawski. It’s been a day.

Gonzaga '98! I wonder if we ever crossed paths. I was mainly in English and Philosophy courses.

Another softball.

The new twenty:

-xtien

The Martian?

How you like them apples?

In under a minute! Not bad at all, Poster 10 from Navarone! Patrick is a steely-eyed missile man.

The forty (Hey, if we have a guy lean against the wall in the background, we’ll be cooler.):

sixty-one (Capricorn One, eat your heart out.):

The eighty-whatever (Hey guys…let’s make China a hero in this too!):

The one-hundred (Mackenzie Davis, phone home.):

The one-twenty (Bucky! Get back in the ship! Dude!):

I really do like this movie a lot. I’m fine with the cuts they made. For a Ridley Scott movie it’s not that bad, but goodness, a lot of the effects have not worn well.

You have the conch, @Navaronegun!

-xtien

“Okay he says, ‘They don’t know I’m alive? What the F word, F word in gerund form, F word again is wrong with you?’”

It was an ok, not bad film from Mr. Scott. I was a bit surprised.

At long last, Sirs, here is the new 20:20.

That frame is really cool, Navaronegun.

-xtien