It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

I didn’t care much for You Were Never Really Here when I first walked out of the theater, but it kept bouncing and bouncing around in my brain for days to a degree that rarely happens. I wanted to see it again the next weekend, but it was already gone from theaters. I’ll have to check it out now that it’s a streaming.

I’ll have a new frame up in the not-too-distant future.

That was a movie I definitely appreciated more than liked very much. It was a chore to sit through. Tilda Swinton was brilliant, though.

Okay, the new 20:20.

Most Beautiful Island?

The Case of the Unfortunate Leather Vest.

That’s the one!

40:40

60:60

And the credits don’t quite make it all the way to 80:80.

I have to say I found that film plain old boring. Did you like it?

This 20:20 strutted and lorded it over everyone, but its cowardice destroyed everything it held worthwhile.

I liked it well enough. I went into it under the impression it was a horror film, which ended up really heightening the tension leading up to the climax. Between this, Wake in Fright, and The Overnight, maybe I’ll just go into every blind watch expecting a gruesome horror movie.

I’m willing to put my neck on the line and say Wake in Fright’s the greatest Antipodean feature ever to be directed by a Canadian (apologies to Alison Maclean).

The silence was deafening on the first one.

Here is the Forty:

Life is Beautiful?

IncorRobertoBenigni!

Son of Saul?

Incorrect - and too depressing for me to make an “Incorrect” Portmanteau about it.

The Roger Maris (61*):

That’s one of my favorite movies to spring on someone. Unfortunately, I don’t know a lot of someones who should have that sprung on them.

-Tom

I don’t recall why, but when I went into it, I was under the impression that it was a horror movie and so I just kept expecting it to take a turn into darkness and violence. It was a definite shock where it ended up going, and the experience was much better for my misplaced expectations.

Well, this is looking grim for me…

The 1hr21min20sec:

This doesn’t look good.

The Two Centuries:

Four Lions?