It’s the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2020!

Going all Bergman today, huh? Feeling like you want to cry and whisper?

Persona.

I’m going all Bergman every day, Nav.

It is, of course, Persona. In the canon for a reason. There are entire libraries written about it, so I hardly need go on about how brilliant it is. If you haven’t seen it for whatever reason, get on that. You’re not gonna live forever, you know.

You smell of sleep and tears, @Navaronegun .

This Twenty is in the Zone.

Well, it’s been an overnighter with no guesses.

The Forty:

The first image looks very familiar for some reason.

It could be a Russian movie. Maybe Sokurov’s The Stone?

IncorreChekov!

LOL. Red Zone Cuba.

Where’d you even find a non-MST3K version?

There are lame films, bad films, atrocious films, and then there are films written, produced and directed by Coleman Francis.

Your auteur is in the Forty ladies and gentlemen.

I was worried about this one. Where’s @dwinn when you need him?

Red Zone Cuba (properly known as Night Train to Mundo Fine) is so horrific, boring and random that even the MST3K crew struggled with it. Though Mike gave a good attempt at his version of the John Carradine title song.

Griffin and his friends ran all the way to Hell…with a penny, and a broken cigarette.

The Sixty:

The Eighty:

“Yah. Ah’m Cherokee Jack, @charmtrap

Nav, where are you catching these online? Is this the streaming service that took the place of Filmstruck or different? I dropped a few streams after we signed up for a more cable-like streaming all-in-one. I need some older movies in the repertoire again.

The two shorts I mentioned are on Amazon.

How Tasty was my Little Frenchman and Night Train to Mundo Fine are on Youtube.

Warning: Do not watch the Coleman Francis “flick” without the aid of Mike and the bots unless you want to lose sanity points.

I wasn’t so far with Sokurov …

Oh, and for good, normal films of high quality, I still recommend the Criterion Streaming site.

It’s worth it…

So worth it.

If you have cable, you probably have access to TCM streaming for free. Lots of great stuff rotates through there.

New frame this evening.

Thanks guys. We’ve watched TCM on our service, but I think it has a Roku channel as well. Now I’m interested to see if our streaming account will allow log in to it.

Criterion is the one I forgot about rejoining after Filmstruck stopped.

Thanks again.

I would have been all over it had it been Beast of Yucca Flats.

New 20

Is it young Ryan Gosling? The Believer?

That lyric feels like a bad knock off of Pancho and Lefty.

Very nice, it is The Believer. Early Ryan Gosling as a Jewish kid who becomes a neo-Nazi. Very well-written. Gosling is excellent as an articulate but ultimately very confused young man.

It’s all you, @Buckaroo!

Without further ado, your new 20:20: