Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

Appologies first - I have read some but not all posts here so if this is a repetition…sorry.

I am very keen to try your mod list and method (anything for stability!!) and I can live without OOO or Fran’s BUT… there are some mods I love to use, among them being Better Cities, Unique Landscapes (1.6.0), and Immersive Interiors.

I am assuming that, if I attempt to install these after using your system everything will break? Is this correct?

PS. Thank you Jason for all the hard work this represents :)

You can try slapping them on the end but I make no promises about what will happen. The load list is a conflict nightmare. Try creating a load order and massaging the resulting conflicts in TES4Edit if you’re really interested.

I don’t know why the hell a newer version of TES4LodGen would cause problems, but glad to hear you got it resolved.

NM I figured it out.

I’m all the way to comparing the ProgramFilesOblivionPostInstall.txt and I seem to be missing a whole bunch of stuff. I got the SortMod.txt to match, so I’m not sure what to do to fix this. Any help would be great, thanks!

Ok, what stuff?

Hey all! Quick question… About a week or ago or so I DLed the fallout installer and it worked great (Thanks Jacob McCullough!) I decided to do the same for Oblivion, but cannot seem to connect to the site again. Is the installer website down or changed? The links are not working for me…

My small business server exploded when I tweaked something. PM me and I’ll mail it to you.

Okay! Whoops… Give me a little bit, I gotta get my posts up to 20 before the site will let me PM. Thanks!

Almost there…

Finally got around to trying this and I’m having some trouble here. DownloadThemAll! shows that I should have downloaded 378 files. I’ve only got 221. How can I tell what I’ve missed?

For whatever reason, a significant number of files in the downloader are listed as “file.php.html” or “download.php” - How do I handle those files? I kept getting prompted to overwrite the same file, so decided to set it to skip instead. That seems to be connected to missing files though.

UPDATE: I guess some links are dead. So far, I’ve confirmed that Frostcrag Reborn is down. RAEVD looks like its in the process of getting updated - I get a message from TESNexus that the file has just recently been uploaded and is not yet available for download. Those are the only ones I’ve confirmed so far. Should I go ahead and extract everything and use the compare utility to determine which ones are missing?

Are you logged into tesnexus.com with a premium account? Verifying you’ve downloading them all:

Run 00dGenerateSortedDownloadsFileList.bat and compare the output file SortedMODs.txt to 00-Configuration\SortedMODs.txt to make sure you have everything. Nothing should be left in the Downloads directory. I recommend using Beyond Compare for this.

I was definitely logged in with my premium account. So, I ran the batch files, used Beyond Compare to check the text files, and as far as I can tell, the only things I’m actually missing are the AEVWD files and OBSE. I manually downloaded the AEVWD files, and OBSE, though I’m not sure I need the script extender, as I’m using the Steam version of the game.

So I guess it worked, and I panicked for no reason.

Hooray! Panicking is good for you!

Hey, I recently installed this pack, and I must say it was very smooth. I do seem to have some problems with the UI, but I’m checking through to see what I missed there.

On another topic, I’ve got a weird bug with the eye textures for the characters. Could it be related to me forgetting the permission settings at first? (Doing a fresh reinstall as I type this). I’m running the Steam GOTY version.

Here’s a screenshot:
imgur.com/Sfw4K
A much better, brighter, screenshot: imgur.com/N9s4p

Great work with the pack, by the way. I’m impressed!

That’s hilarious looking. Is anything missing in ProgramFilesOblivionPostInstall.txt when you diff it vs. the one in 00-Configuration? Did you import the load order?

I had the exact same problem. There appeared to be several large and significant differences in the ProgramFilesOblivionPostInstall.txt files. So many, that I can’t actually even figure out what’s missing.

I guess I’ll start over with a totally fresh install. I still feel like I’ve done something wrong with the DownloadThemAll process. When I get prompted to overwrite a file like “files.php” when download, should I overwrite? skip? Should that be happening?

It shouldn’t be prompting you to download files.php at all. Make sure you’re setting up the filter right.

Here are my filter settings. I’ve triple checked that I have an active premium account on TESNexus.

http://flic.kr/p/8YYZ7T -

oblivion filters by editorcook, on Flickr

Here’s the list of files as it’s downloading. I have a huge number of entries for file.php and download.php

http://flic.kr/p/8Z36fA

Oblivion Problem by editorcook, on Flickr

I’m sure I’ve done something wrong, but I’m not sure what.

Make sure you’re logged into your nexus account.

Yep. Definitely logged in. Premium account too.