Jeffrey Epstein did some bad bad things

Trump is going to disavow Epstein I guarantee it. Barr will be fine (for now).

I mean sure, but it’s not gonna stop people from linking Donne’s name with Epstein’s during the course of the investigation. And the fact that Donnie’s hand-picked attack dog has put himself on a leash just like Sessions is gonna drive Donnie nuts. (Fun fact: appointing Sessions is Trump’s biggest regret as president.)

Not sure why we’re all assuming that the finger will point towards Trump. Epstein was very rich and very powerful, and he has a lot of ties to Democrats, too. If he rolls, we’re going to hear a lot of names of very powerful people from both sides of the isle.

But he isn’t going to roll, because he knows his risk of real incarceration and punishment is low.

And this is good.

Unlikely he gets off this time. There is to much public attention.

It’s like that play, Two Degrees of Separation.

The thing about Jeffrey Epstein is that people KNEW this. See Trump’s comment back in 2002 about Epstein liking “beautiful women…many of them on the younger side.”

“When the Russian girls arrive in the city, they already have Jeffrey’s phone number.”

I’m starting to connect the dots and I think the thing the Russians have on trump is “underage Russian girls”. That’s the one thing that could bring him down which is why he’s so fanatical about courting influential fundamentalist religious types. They are his parachute.

I knew he wouldn’t care about a pee tape. He’d more likely brag about it.

But is it a Sessions-recusal or a Nunes-recusal?

Popehat’s cursory read on the original prosecution/plea agreement in Florida is basically: this looks shady as hell. And the shadiness of it is highlighted in detail in the SDNY indictment.

If I were to bet, I’d bet that Jeffrey Epstein is going to die in jail. And it’s gonna be federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

If a resident of 1600 Pennsylvania is going down with Epstein, it probably ain’t Trump.

It’s probably WJC. Which is why I think members of the Trump circle are going to be happy to cut Epstein loose and let him burn for this. They’re mostly Republicans, and getting Bill Clinton is worth a lot to them, and “a lot” means letting both Alan Dershowitz and Alex Acosta walk the plank if necessary.

EDIT: and just to be clear, if the evidence supports it, I’m happy with Bill Clinton burning on this one too.

I’m not assuming that: I’m just assuming that the media will bring up the connections between Epstein and Trump, of which there are many, and that there will be people in Congress calling for investigations into Acosta, Trump’s Secretary of Labor who got Epstein his very, very shady sweetheart plea deal as Federal AG in Florida.

It’s almost guaranteed that Trump will freak out because Barr isn’t magically preventing that chatter from happening. I mean, we’re talking about someone who is so thin-skinned and bad at managing relationships that he blew a fuse and started yelling at Fox News, his strongest ally, just because some bar patrons started chanting “Fuck Trump” during a Fox live feed about the Women’s World Cup.

Come to think of it, triggercut’s posts actually point toward the best current indicator that Trump might be more directly involved than we currently know.

What is Donnie not doing right now?

Attacking the Clintons.

Normally Donnie will take anything vaguely dirt-like about an opponent, even the smallest molehill, and turn it into a mountain. And he looooves to bash the Clintons.

But on this? So far nothing but crickets.

(From him, that is: the troll farms controlled by Donnie’s owners are pushing the Clinton angle strong.)

What’s hilarious is that the right wing noise machine somehow thinks the Left is going to be upset if Bill Clinton goes is indicted on anything related to this.

From what I can tell, even most mainstream Democrats are kind of…“OK, if he did it, down he goes.”

From Epstein’s non-prosecution agreement with the Southern District of Florida (my emphasis):

prosecution in this District for these offenses shall be deferred …

After timely fulfilling all the terms … no prosecution … will be instituted in this District.

and from DoJ policy:

the attorney for the government should explicitly limit the scope of his/her agreement to non-prosecution within his/her district … United States Attorneys may not make agreements that prejudice other litigating divisions, without the agreement of all affected divisions.

This sounds like almost-Pizzagate-but-real. Is QAnon going berserk?

HIm and his whole base are all about projection. Fuckers. Can’t wait for them to all die off or get sterilized.

Reminds me of Westminster paedo scandals, completely bipartisan, the common factor being power and money, where on the spectrum they sit is irrelevant, the Establishment is just that, a singular body.

That is absolutely right.

Thanks for that, @magnet!

These and some pretty amazing responses from Dem Senators who confirmed Acosta.