Just Cause 4

Not the PC version, right?

Doesn’t look like it, just Xbox One.

No, it’s not a PlayAnywhere game so until/unless MS releases a PC version of Game Pass, this one is Xbox only.

Woohoo, we just took control of the entire region, including fully stocked military bases! We managed to get our hands on helicopters, tanks, armored vehicles, fuel reserves, radio towers, and even satellite communication arrays! Ours, all ours! We shall take these gifts from our enemies and turn them against those swine! blow them up because we’re the stupidest people in the fucking world.

The team is currently getting ready to launch the next console patch today. Xbox and PlayStation users can expect this patch to roll out today. Included in this patch is the latest water effects and anti-aliasing improvements.

Here are the patch notes for PS4/Xbox One:

• Performance improvements
  • Water improvements
  • Vegetation improvements
  • New anti-aliasing system
  • New 4K rendering solution
  • Various bug fixes
  • Updated Customization menu
  • JC3 Rico Skin (Legacy Item)

Some news on the April DLC was posted:

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/topic/jc4-dev-updates

They are also still working on updates/patches.

I’ve played a fair bit of this now, thanks to it being on Gamepass, liberated about half the map. I don’t think it’s terrible, but I’m definitely running out of appetite to play more. Finally unlocked a helicopter with weapons, which might give me a bit of a second wind. The bizarre thing is that all the weather stuff they hyped so much has barely featured at all outside of one mission so far and the odd tornado in the distance

Yeah I also finished about half the map before setting it down. I don’t think the game is terrible, and I did actually have a few good days with it because I think the physics and the character’s mobility is just fantastic. However I absolutely do not like how few enemies there are. The entire game Feels underpopulated by about 80%. I feel like there’s only one fifth of the amount of enemies that there should be out there in the world. Not counting the waves and waves of enemies that will show up when I’ve got an alert going or something.

And I think all of the bases and stuff I’m much too far apart. There’s huge swathes of land, which might be great if there were ATVs and things to ride around and jump over hills and do something fun with, but there’s just absolutely nothing out there. Every single little town or settlement or base or whatever is just one little tiny dot a big huge barren map. And don’t get me wrong, the map looks good but I could really use higher-density mobs.

And this actually makes me wonder about the capabilities (or limitations) of this engine, because from what I’m hearing, Rage 2, a new game coming out made by Avalanche Studios using the same engine, has the same problem where the fighting can be fun but the enemies are simply too far apart and there’s not enough of them.

Where does one get the inside skinny on Rage 2 then?

Dunno. I got my skinny from Kotaku or Destructoid or some other written preview. A story linked in the Rage 2 thread.

Well thats something…

Mad Max meets Rage 2?

Spring patch, adds destruction to a game that was missing a lot of destruction.

Also a new paid dlc, with aliens or umm demons?

I installed this yesterday when I signed up for another 3 months of Game Pass. Hopefully I’ll get to try it out tonight.

Don’t see it in the patch notes but I swear rock and grass textures are higher res than they were when I played the other day…

edit: eeeeh, maybe not…

These sound like good changes, though probably not enough to solve the structural problems. Loving the increase in ammo.

I’ve got other games on my plate at the moment but this certainly makes me want to jump back in.

I only played for about 30 minutes last night, but it was fun. I got through the tutorial area, and then the part where they took away my grapple hook (noooooo!) and then gave it back to me (Yaaaaay!).

I just love the traversal in this game. I’d really missed it in other open world games.

Yeah the traversal is awesome. I also appreciate that Rico now has some basic vaulting/climbing ability! No more having to grapple up shoulder-high obstacles.

I really hope that instead of killing the franchise they go back and look at what made JC2 so great and the additions that took away from JC3/JC4.

I’ve enjoyed JC3/JC4, but in the same way I enjoy the new Star Wars movies. Familiar and fun, but they don’t have the impact of their predecessors.

But they already had 2 games to look back and see what made JC2 so good.

They just don’t seem to get it.