Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

Its not just strength, in which hes orders of magnitude stronger. Its speed, and that almost nothing can hurt him. There’s a reason they had to come up with Kryptonite. As his father said at the start of man of Steel. He will be a god to them. Again why he has to be “killed off” for awhile in the movie. There’s no real threat when he’s around.

The point is she can kill him, and not with a lot of difficulty or Kryptonite. It’s even in the comics, like the couple I actually know about. Can he kill her? Is Diane like the other gods, only another god can kill her?

No, if you want to be all geeky technical since Superman can be as fast as The Flash he could kill her and frankly the entire rest of the Justice League in a blink of an eye. I could care less what a specific comic did once. Heck somebody wrote one where Batman fights Superman and wins though his "wits"or whatever…

Yeah okay. Since you believe it, must be so. Oh, and it wasn’t written once in a comic book, she’s beaten him multiple times, but yeah, believe what you want.

There’s never any consistency to these things since writers come and go.

I saw this on a lark on Friday night- I’d just gotten out of a job interview, and knew the huge fancy theater down the block would have a 7 pm show, and their online ticketing showed one seat smack dab in the middle of the front section just waiting for me, so I called it serendipity and went.

It was ok. As everyone notes, the CGI was bad. Really bad. How is it that so many blockbuster movies can have great CGI, but DC is always crap? I mean, they spend a lot of money on these things, how do they always hire the worst possible CGI people?

The things I liked best were actually the jokes. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t consider it a comedy in any sense like Thor:Ragnarok, or GotG 1/2, but the intentional jokes written in were good, and landed well. I’m thinking of specifically the scenes with Ma Kent and Lois Lane- ‘Thirsty’, Aquaman’s… err, ‘pep talk’, as well as most of Alfred’s dialogue, but there were others. They weren’t spoiled by trailers (that I saw?), kind of came out of nowhere, and when you got to the punchline, really worked. To that point, my favorite thing about the movie was probably Aquaman- a sentence I never thought I’d type, but here we are. Wonder Woman and Flash pretty good, Batfleck was fine, Cyborg was just stupid and both Supes and the villain were cardboard cutouts..

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that. I hated that scene, not because of anything unique to Justice League, but because it’s a pet peeve of mine in any kind of fantasy comic-booky thing when someone powerful lifts/carries/supports something that wouldn’t have the structural support to hold together regardless of the strength of the person.

This is all you should care about with sups…

I love this quote, because it is so true.

Eh, they were noticeable, but not offensive to me. Tarkington, in particular, was useful to the plot so I forgive some of the slightly unnatural appearance.

This was entertaining but not very good. Plot holes, bad villain, poor CGI, uneven tone, making Superman incredibly powerful versus the other heroes - it just did not work very well.

Haven’t seen it yet, but I will, after seeing it described as a not particularly good animated JLU episode. But. let’s be fair, it’s a movie made out of a couple movies worth, a mix between Snyder and Whedon, a salvage job once the previous serious grimdark tone was deemed as “not really what the folks are looking for”, and probably a whole lot of “get some more WW in there, people actually like her”.

That it’s coherent at all is a minor miracle.

Final official tally for the opening weekend domestic box office: $93,842,239. It didn’t even make $95 million.

It was pretty empty in my almost 1pm viewing on Sunday. I felt kind of silly showing up early trying to get a good seat.

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but in all seriousness, after writing all that, you’re STILL intent on seeing it? I really don’t understand that at all. I mean, paraphrasing here, you’re essentially saying: “Sure, it’s a mash-up of two tediously predictable directors’ completely incompatible visions, and sure, it’s not as good as a bad episode of a children’s cartoon I can watch for free, but I’ll still pay $20 for it to steal three hours from my life.” What more would Justice League have to do to have you give it a hard pass? Give you pinkeye?

It’s 5€. :D

It’s a “bad episode of a children’s cartoon” I rather enjoyed. And while I’m almost sure I’ll come out of the cinema saying “that was a shit movie”, enough people have called it entertaining for me to actually be willing to test it out, if only to see the big set pieces that sort of work.

I’m expecting to have an entertaining time watching a poor movie, if people had said that besides being shit it was also not entertaining / trying to be serious business, yeah, hard pass… Of course if it was 20€, I’d have to be far more discerning…

[ETA]
Also helps that I haven’t watched any other recent non WW DC movie in the cinema…

Superpowerful Superman is not the problem here, that’s part of his mythology(not that they were anywhere near close to a decent Supes portrayal). The problem is the power level of the rest of the characters, particularly Batman who they turned into a weak, not funny n not hot DC version of Black Widow. In the comics, Batman is the only normal human that has a contigency plan against Superman and he could possibly kill him if it came to it. In most scenes here Batman seemed to be an inch away from dying in a car wreck or a contusion caused by a fall. Pathetic…

I was glad I went. My son was very excited to see it but when reviews came out I was apprehensive. I told my kids not to expect to like it as much as Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, or Wonder Woman, but that it would probably have parts in it that would make it worth seeing, like the scenes with Wonder Woman in BvS. That was my expectation going in, and for me it exceeded that expectation and I ended up liking it.

I did not like it at the start though, the tone was way too dark, beyond where you should start with mainstream comics heroes I think. The world was presented as more than mourning Superman and going toward nihilism.

The strength of the movie for me was the “superhero team as family” story dynamic that DC and Marvel have going on in these shared universe movies. And with that dynamic I really liked the way they showed how each hero’s strengths and weaknesses were balanced by the others and how they worked better as a team. It’s cliche but satisfying to a comic nerd. I thought Wonder Woman was great in that context, as the team member with the most heroic attitude and emotional maturity.

The villian was the worst, the plot stood out for ridiculousness in a genre known for it, the cgi was laughably bad, but I still enjoyed the interplay of the characters. I was not familiar with Cyborg and enjoyed him more than I was expecting. His voice was especially great, simultaneously human and eerie in a way that seemed to work with his character’s main conflict.

The introductions of the new characters felt incredibly rushed, of course, especially Steppenwolf’s, since DC is losing their minds trying to keep parity with Marvel, but by the time The Flash joined in I felt like the movie settled into exploring the interplay among the heroes and I started enjoying it despite my misgivings and dislike of the first half. I would have loved to see how Whedon would have handled it from start to finish; I think Snyder does not understand what makes superheroes work on the big screen.

Saw it and I was entertained. Not as bad as I expected from the opinions of the critics and most of the people here. The villain was your basic cliche’ but then that’s what you get in most superhero movies, Marvel included. He reminded me of Ronan the Accuser ( the villain from Guardians ) I did not see an issue with Cavill’s mustache and I was looking for it. Because the mustache only had to be removed for some reshoots and since I never noticed any uncanny valley level of CGI, I am interested in what scenes people are talking about.

You mean other than that weirdo cornfield, several of the aquaman scenes, several of the cyborg moments, heck even superman floating … they’re not right. It’s not like Sci Fi original bad CGI, but I’ve seen transformers, actual robots, look more natural than some of these superheroes looked on those screens. For the amount of money they put into it, it’s not good.