Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

That was exactly the guy I had in mind.

“What do I look like, a guy who’s not lazy?”

A lot of these photos just have the team standing around and looking at things. I like to think the plot is based off the Seinfeld episode in the parking garage. Batman forgot where he parked and the team is trying to find the Batmobile

“Nope, not in here. Dammit!”

The Flash movie is starting over.

[quote]
Executives have been taking their time in finding his replacement. With Ezra Miller, who will play the speedy superhero, getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2,” they decided work on a new script in the meantime.

Famuyiwa had written the latest draft. Sources say the original reason for his departure had to do with executives disagreeing with where he had taken the script. Seth Grahame-Smith had also written a previous draft.[/quote]

So who stole all the color out of the photo? Was it Captain Cold? I bet it was Captain Cold.

Sure, right after he stole their Hostess Twinkies™!

What do you mean? Cyborg looks like a lit up Christmas tree.

Deep red, the color of blood and rage and grimdarkness, is the only color in the DCU.

In the DCU, there is only war.

DCU. DCU never changes.

The Batman movie isn’t doing so hot either.

Affleck:

"There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions,” Affleck said in a statement. “Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Goddamn. What a train wreck.

To me, his explanation is perfectly reasonable.

More like “holy Christ, this shit is fucked. Contract is ironclad on the acting part though.” Heh.

Affleck and Warner Bros. will now begin searching for a new director. Sources say there is a shortlist and that “War for the Planet of the Apes” helmer Matt Reeves is among those on the list.

Also known as the director of Let Me In.

Sounds like the right move. Always felt like making him director too initially was an impulse move to calm talk after the reception of BvS. Directing/acting in smaller movies like Argo or The town is one thing but to direct a massive blockbuster and be the central star is a hell,of allot to ask and do both well.

I feel the same - maybe he realised that he bit off more than he could chew and decided to let go of that added burden. I’ve seen that happen in professional settings.

Ben Affleck, as recently as January 9th on Jimmy Kimmel Live, asserted in no uncertain terms that he was going to direct the solo Batman movie. That’s after the dust-up over his comments to The Guardian about the script needing to be “right” for him to proceed.

Then Live by Night happened. The limited release in December didn’t garner a lot of critical praise or audience buzz, but everyone was hopeful that things would turn around for the wide release. Nope. It’s a bomb. Possibly a $75 million loss for Warner Bros. Whether the poor performance shook up some of the studio’s confidence in Affleck to handle a blockbuster budget, or if Affleck himself took it to heart and decided to drop out, we may never know. I think it’s safe to say that Live by Night did have an effect here. You don’t lose $75 million for a studio and come out of it unscathed.

Now, Ben is out of directing Batman. He’ll still star in it, and he’s supposedly still working on the script with Geoff Johns, but Warner Bros. now has to get someone else to direct. Is it a sure bust? Not at all. We saw with Ant-Man that you can replace a director and move forward with a movie that makes a profit. What this does is further cement the idea that Warner’s DCU movie development is kind of a cluster. Sometimes that adversity makes great art, and sometimes you get Suicide Squad or BvS.

Haha. Kevin Smith knows his limits.

Well, he’s charming about it when he recognizes them. But I wouldn’t say he knows his limits exactly. For example, he made Yoga Hosers.