Kemet play-by-forum game

Action 4: Upgrade Black Pyramid 1->4

Because you are all jerks picking on the new guy :)

@Infested_terran

Just a reminder that as cool as using pics of the DI cards is aesthetically, I am using those galleries to show the current state of your hand, so linking them directly will break once I update. (Downloading them and pasting them into posts, on the other hand, will work fine.)

I did upload it so it should be good.

4th action: Purchase red tile act of god. 3 cost with priestess discount
4->1

@ironwulf

Summary

3 permanent VP (temple control, battle), 2 temporary VP (temple, pyramid)
1 PP
1 DI cards
2 units in reserve
8 unused battle cards
Pyramids: 3/2/2 Blue/White/Black
Power Tiles:
Legion: Troops may contain 7, rather than 5 units.
Enforced Recruitment: May recruit to any space where Bastet has units as well as Bastet’s own city.
Protective Aura: Bastet’s troops may not suffer any damage outside of battle.
Khnum’s Sphinx: Creature - provides linked troop +1 str, 1 movement capacity; opponents desiring to enter space with Sphinx must pay 2 PP.
Priestess: Subsequent power tile purchases cost 1 less PP.
Twin Ceremony: Provides gold action token that may be used after a regular action to reuse an already used tile purchase action at an additional 1 PP cost.
Prescience: During battle, Bastet’s foe must play their battle card first and face up. (Does not include DI cards.)
Deep Desert Snake: Creature: provides linked troop +1 move, and cancels the abilities of any opposing creature during battle.
Act of God (red): Extra silver action token, played at same time as normal action

Objects:

4th action:
Move (upper level)

Move priest to first space on middle track
Gain +1 PP and claim Ibis Statue for 1 DI card. Priest moves back to start
Move troop from my white pyramid space to Two Temple East

@Greatatlantic

@Infested_terran and @ironwulf

Did you guys pay the PP due to mana theft? Make sure you do that.

Here’s mine: PP: 2 - 1 = 1.

On another note, I will be with family for the Easter weekend, so there is a chance I won’t get another turn in until Monday evening. I apologize for delays.

Well, I will take my last move, and it will be a move, top row. I advance my priest down the middle path and pick up the Neth Shield skill. I will add the priest into my only troop on the board, 3 Temple West, replacing a regular unit.

For my move, I will split Polyphemus’s army, leaving behind 4 troops including the priest, and occupy 3 Temple East this new army. I then play the DI card enlistment and give a troop to each, placing the priest in my reserve with Polyphemus. This leaves me with an army of 5 including 1 priest on 3 Temple West, and an army of 4 including Polyphemus and 1 priest on 3 Temple East.

In case you were curious, they have a combat value of 9 apiece when defending. Follow all that Malkav?

Summary

Greatatlantic Kemet State
VP: 4 (1 Permanent for Sphinx, temporary for 1 temple, 2 pyramid)
PP: 2
White-4, Blue-4, Red-3
Troops: 5 (1 Prst) on 3 Temple East
Priest: 1 First Card (middle), 1 unplaced
4 DI Cards

Power Tiles:
Defense! - +1 Strength when defending
Charge - +1 Stength when attacking
Hand of God - During night phase raise one pyramid 1 level.
Priest of Ra - All PP Costs reduced by 1.
Kracken - +1 Strength on (non-city province touching Nile)
Act of God - Silver Action Token for Extra Action
Polyphemus - Creature allows up to 7 men in troop and +1s/+1m
Blade of Neith - +1 Strength in Battle.
Sphinx - +2 Stength in troop, +1 Permanent VP.

Sills:

Defensive Position - +1 Strength when defender
Neth Shields - +1 Protection

Available actions:
XMove, Recruit
SUpgrade Pyramid, Move, XPray
White Tile, XRed Tile, XBlue Tile, XPray

And… @Lantz.

Yes, I’ve accounted for it

Yes. I had 5 PP and started my next action with 4.

5th Action: I will buy the Black VP tile see below

@Infested_terran

You can only own one power tile that gives a given effect. Since you already have the white VP tile you cannot purchase the VP tiles from the other colors.

Um, this is a bit of a wrinkle in my plans. I misunderstood this.

I will update my turn when I get to my computer.

Apologies!

You have 6 PP, not 1 - you were at 10, Lantz played Mana Theft so you went down to 9, then you spent 3 on the Act of God tile.

I did follow this. One minor correction - the DI card you’re playing adds 2 units to a single troop, so you would not be able to split like you described. Fortunately, there’s a simple fix: I had you move one fewer unit, and recruit both to Polyphemus’ troop. End result is identical.

Action 5 (try 2): I will buy the White Vision Tile for 3 PP

@Infested_terran

I think we’re both wrong.

I started the round with 10.

1st action: recruit four units. 6 left
2nd action: move, pick up 1 seti point, spend 1 on raining fire. 6 left
3rd action: move. 6 left
mana theft. 5 left
4th action: buy act of god. 2 left

You’re missing the part where you gained 4 PP from playing the Glory DI card for your victorious battle.

Sweet!

Important question: how do golden tokens and act of god work now that we’re on a 5th action? Can I do the double silver token from act of god AND the gold token? The gold token AND a regular? Only one? All of them but into a separate 6th or 7th action turn?

I think you would just use both in the same action phase but I don’t have an FAQ handy.

**5th action: Purchase blue tile defensive victory for 2 PP (-1 priestess discount).

**twin ceremonies, purchase 3rd level blue VP tile for 3 PP (+1 ceremonies -1 priestess discount).

Act of God token: pray +2 PP **

6-2-3+2 = 3 PP

If that’s legal, @ironwulf

That is not legal. Like I reminded Lantz, you are not allowed to buy two power tiles that have an identical power. So you can get one VP tile, but not two.