Kemet play-by-forum game

Yes, you already pointed that out at the time.

Also, nobody except Infested_terran has ever taken any battle-relevant objects and he used both of his on taking Lantz’ pyramid.

Ironwulf has 6 battle cards available.

Battle! Sobek (ironwulf) vs Anubis (Greatatlantic)
Sobek is attacking with 5 units plus the Devourer creature.
Anubis is defending with 3 units plus the Polyphemus creature (and the Kraken creature).

Battle cards:
Sobek plays [4 str, 1 dam] and the DI card War Fury - +2 str.
Anubis plays [4 str, 1 dam]

Total strength:
Sobek has 5 for troops, 4 for card, 2 for DI card, 2 for Devourer, 1 for Bestial Fury power tile = 14
Anubis has 3 for troops, 4 for card, 2 for creatures (Polyphemus, Kraken), 2 for power tiles (Blades of Neith, Defense!), 1 for priest skill (Defensive Position) = 12
Sobek wins! +1 permanent VP
Anubis gains 1 Dawn token

Damage:
Sobek inflicts 3 damage (battle card, Bestial Fury, Carnage) vs 1 protection (priest skill Neth Shields) = 2 damage
Sobek gains 1 permanent VP from killing 2 or more units in battle with the Devourer’s attached troop
Anubis inflicts 1 damage (battle card) vs 1 protection (temporary protection token from Ta-Seti) = 0 damage

Retreat/recall:
@ironwulf, do you want to recall?
@Greatatlantic, retreat or recall? (You have your priest and Polyphemus left, unless you’d rather kill your priest for some reason, which I doubt.)

PS: I am fairly sure I forgot to give Lantz a Dawn token for losing the previous battle, so I am remedying that.
And by my count, ironwulf was at 4 PP going into the battle, 3 after, rather than the 3 going in and 2 after he projected. I think one of the two PP gained from priest moves was missed.

I will just recall at this time, so priest goes back to reserve. I think Sobek/ironwulf had the movement with the creature’s +1 and +1 movement tile.

I had 4 at start of my turn, paid 1 PP to play the Raining Fire DI card, then paid 1 more PP to play the War Fury DI card so I should be at 2 PP now. I just moved across spaces to the temple, I did not teleport.
And no, I will not recall.

Right, you started with 4, paid 1 PP to play Raining Fire, then got 1 PP for moving your priest on the Path to Ta-Seti, then paid 1 for War Fury, for an end total of 3 PP.

Sobek actually has freaking FOUR movement with that troop, since Bestial Fury also grants +1 move. So yeah, no worries about movement capacity there.

I can’t take time to do a full game state breakdown and Night Phase until I get home tomorrow (I’m on my way to bed now and have to work tomorrow, and that tends to take me at least 30-40 minutes) but if folks are comfortable doing Dawn phase bidding (not Day phase actions, just the bidding in Dawn) in the meantime it’d save us a bit of time. Up to y’all.
Greatatlantic has 3 dawn tokens, Lantz and ironwulf 2, and Infested_terran has never lost a battle. FYI.

Thanks, I forgot to add back in the +1 PP for the Path

Looks like I have to start for bidding for Dawn phase.
I will play this:
kemet_card
I will also use my 2 Dawn tokens.
I’m pretty sure we’ll have a winner by the end of this day phase so might as well use the Dawn tokens you have.

Summary

ed (ironwulf/Sobek)
VP: 3 Permanent (2 battle 1 for controlling 2 temples at night)3 (temporary from pyramid/temple) = 6
PP: 3
Pyramids: 4/3/1 Black/Red/White

4 unused Battle cards
1 DI Card
2 Dawn token

Power Tiles:
Priest - Gain +1 PP when Praying
Mercenaries - Gain 3 mercenary troops.
Dark Ritual - Gain golden token and extra Pray action
God Speed - +1 Move
Royal Scarab - Gives +2 STR +2 Move to attached troop
Bestial Fury - All troops gain + 1 Move/STR/Damage
Devourer - +1 Move, +2 STR, no non-battle damage, extra VP if win battle and kill 2 units
Carnage - All troops get +1 Damage

@Infested_terran

Yes, I would absolutely assume the game will be ending this turn - pretty much everyone is in striking range of 8 VP. And turn order is likely to be very important, not least because there is one permanent VP at the end of the Path to Ta-Seti that will be refreshed and at least two players in position to claim it.

Ok, home. Need one quick detail:
@Infested_terran - at the end of this day phase, do you want to sac a unit for 5 PP? It’s been pretty much a gimme on preceding rounds but if you’re gonna get attacked there at all it’s gonna be this turn.

Yes sacrifice.

I’d like to see the updated game state before bidding.

This turn is going to be…interesting. I won’t deny I’m in a good position, but I don’t think I’ll be able to hold at 8 VP for an entire round of turns.

End of Day Phase

1. Distribution of Prayer Points:
    Anubis controls western 3 point temple and receives 3 PP
    Bastet controls Delta temple and sacrifices a unit for 5 PP
    Sobek controls eastern 3 and 2 point temples and receives 5 PP
  2. Distribution of VP:
    Sobek controls two temples and receives 1 permanent VP

Game State, Start of Turn 5

Anubis (Greatatlantic, yellow)
3 temporary VP (pyramidsx2, temple), 1 permanent VP (Sphinx)
5 PP
3 DI cards
9 units in reserve (including 1 priest)
4 unused battle cards
3 Dawn tokens
Pyramids: 4/4/3 White/Blue/Red
Power Tiles:
Defense!: when defending, gains +1 strength.
Hand of God: during the Night phase, may raise one pyramid level for free.
Priest of Ra: Whenever Anubis spends PP, he spends 1 less PP.
Kraken: Creature: grants +1 str to Anubis’ troops whenever they engage in battle in a region adjacent to the Nile (other than cities).
Act of God (white): Grants a silver action token that may be used on an unused action after resolving a regular action token.
Polyphemus: Creature: provides +1 str and +1 move to linked troop, and allows that troop to contain up to 7 units.
Charge!: Provides +1 str when attacking.
Blades of Neith: +1 str to all troops.
Sphinx: Creature: provides +2 str to linked troop as well as 1 permanent VP
Priest Skills:
Defensive Position: Any troop with one of Anubis’ priests with them gains +1 str when defending.
Neth Shields: Any troop with one of Anubis’ priests with them gains +1 protection.

Wadjet (Lantz, black)
5 permanent VP (battlex3, power tile, Path to Ta-Seti), 1 temporary VP (pyramid)
2 PP
0 DI cards
12 units in reserve
8 unused battle cards
2 Dawn token
Pyramids: 4/4/3 Red/Black/White (red currently occupied by Bastet)
Power Tiles:
Initiative: When attacking, destroy 2 units from the defending troop before the start of battle.
Giant Scorpion: Creature - grants +2 str, +2 damage, +1 movement to linked troop.
Crusade: At the end of battle, receive 2 PP for each troop you destroyed during the battle. (Not pre-battle.)
Victory point (white): Does what it says on the tin.

Bastet (infested_terran, blue)
4 permanent VP (temple control, battlex2, power tile), 2 temporary VP (temple, pyramid)
8 PP
1 DI card
3 units in reserve
8 unused battle cards
Pyramids: 3/2/2 Blue/White/Black (controls Wadjet’s level 4 red pyramid)
Power Tiles:
Legion: Troops may contain 7, rather than 5 units.
Enforced Recruitment: May recruit to any space where Bastet has units as well as Bastet’s own city.
Protective Aura: Bastet’s troops may not suffer any damage outside of battle.
Khnum’s Sphinx: Creature - provides linked troop +1 str, 1 movement capacity; opponents desiring to enter space with Sphinx must pay 2 PP.
Priestess: Subsequent power tile purchases cost 1 less PP.
Twin Ceremony: Provides gold action token that may be used after a regular action to reuse an already used tile purchase action at an additional 1 PP cost.
Prescience: During battle, Bastet’s foe must play their battle card first and face up. (Does not include DI cards.)
Deep Desert Snake: Creature: provides linked troop +1 move, and cancels the abilities of any opposing creature during battle.
Act of God (blue): Grants a silver action token that may be used on an unused action after resolving a regular action token.
Defensive Victory: If you win a battle as defender, you gain a permanent battle VP.
Victory Point (blue): Does what it says on the tin.

Sobek (ironwulf, red)
3 permanent VP (battlex2, temple control), 3 temporary VP (pyramid, templex2)
8 PP
1 DI card
6 units in reserve
4 unused battle cards
2 Dawn tokens
Pyramids: 4/3/1 Black/Red/White
Power Tiles:
Mercenaries: permanently adds 3 units to Sobek’s available forces
Priest: Sobek’s Pray actions now add 3 PP rather than 2
Dark Ritual: Provides a gold action token that may be used alongside a regular action token to perform the Pray action. (One gold action may be taken per turn.)
God Speed: Sobek’s units may move an additional space during move actions.
Royal Scarab: Creature that provides +2 str and +2 move to linked troop.
Bestial Fury: provides all of Sobek’s troops +1 str, +1 dam, and +1 move
Devourer: Creature - provides +2 str and +1 move to linked troop; if troop kills at least two units in battle, gains a permanent VP.
Carnage: provides all of Sobek’s troops +1 dam.

Night%20Phase

1. Distribution of PP
    Anubis goes up to 7 PP
    Wadjet goes up to 4 PP
    Bastet goes up to 10 PP
    Sobek goes up to 10 PP

2. Distribution of DI cards:
    Check galleries for new cards.

3. Night Powers
    Anubis raises red pyramid to level 4.

4. Path to Ta-Seti refreshes.

Dawn%20Phase

@Infested_terran, you are up.

Play the 5 strength card

@Lantz

Play the 1 strength, 3 damage card face down.

3 attack 2 bleed + 2 dawn tokens

@Greatatlantic

I think you have me off by 1 PP. We’d already had the details where I thought I was at 2, but you corrected me in that I forgot to add the +1 PP from moving on the Path. Then with the +5 PP from the temples and the +2 PP from Night phase I should be at 10. Or is there something I’m missing?

Pretty sure you’re right.

First off, Hand of God should have raised my last pyramid to Level 4, which is good for another temp VP.

I will play…image

+2 Dawn tokens bringing me to 5 with everyone else. Since I was first player last turn, I get first pick this turn.

1. Greatatlantic, the Yellow Dog of the North Anubis.

Something to keep in mind, you do not need 8 VP to win, just 8 VP to trigger the end game. Once that is triggered, if at the very start of your turn no one has more VP than you, you win. So, in a close game, it is very conceivable players will take turns battering each other down and somebody wins with 7 or even 6. It actually might be a bad idea to tip to onto 8.

Who is next? I think @Infested_terran