Kerbal Space Program 2

Yikes. Development is not going well there. I hope it doesn’t end up canceled.

I had stopped playing in anticipation of KSP2. I guess I’ll fire it up again.

KSP2: hoping to model the heat death of the universe in real time.

Early 2023 for PC

Can’t wait!!!

I liked their tweet:

Me too!!!

I actually prefer this type of date reveal, rather than some fancy movie trailer. There is a passionate KSP community. Although, I’m not playing the game currently. I absolutely adore it.

As we get closer to launch, there will obviously be lots of pretty pictures and epic explosions, but this is fine.

It wasn’t really a date reveal, but a “it’s delayed, again” announcement.

I can’t say I’m surprised, but I’m okay with it, and I liked the unadorned video. Does anyone know if a beta or early access program will take place?

I have to admit that I’m disappointed it’s still going to be Unity based. Having my Mun bases explode because the part count was too high really annoyed me in the first game.

Yea I’m very concerned about this as well. Kind of wonder if they’d have been better going off going with Unreal 4 or 5.

Man, this is going to be a really hard choice for me. Do I go for early access and risked getting burned out on the game, long before it is finished? Or do I wait for 1.0 and misse out on a year of fun Kerbal play.

I’m in the same boat. Disappointed it’s coming out in EA. Thought this would be a full release.

In general, EA is a good thing. What is a bad thing is how bloody long it has taken them to get KSP II done.

Looking at the roadmap, both Science and Colonies (something I’ve been really waiting for.) are very important, so I think I’ll join EA after they have been released.

The other things on the roadmap are less important.

Honestly the longer it’s going, and the more that’s revealed, the less interested I become.

Is it at least going to be better than the original in terms of features, or is it essentially outclassed by KSP1 + mods? I ask having only brief acquaintance with the original, which is one of the more memorable entries in my backlog.

At this point, nobody really knows.

On an even more fundamental level, I’m rather less than confident they’ll be able to wrangle Unity into being an appropriate engine without significant compromises.

Why is that?