Kerbal Space Program

What does the circle in the top left of the building window do?

edit: never mind.

edit: HEEEEWWWWSSSTUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!

My new record is now 660,681 meters.

The screenshots look a lot more fun than I’m having.

Nothing to worry about here, keep on smiling!

My best flight was 122,000 m.

Its amazing how high up you guys are getting.

It’s the symmetry control, very handy when you to want add multiple boosters and not have to worry about lining everything up.

The first one seems to be well balanced. The second one is an add on.

I can’t help but laugh when my rockets do this. He needs to add a connector for in-between rockets in a stack. Still, when a creation pinwheels and flexes, I giggle.

The good news is that the new Threshold Series three stage rocket just broke 3,000 KM and isn’t showing any signs of slowing down.

The bad news is that it’s out of reaction mass at this point , which means that the valiant crew of Threshold One will probably be exploring the cosmos for far longer than they have air.

Easily my best run so far, but still not enough to escape Earth’s fat ass:

My flight went perfectly, and then ran out of fuel at errmmmm I don’t know, a couple of miles up.

Solution: add more rockets!

I like this game.

Edit: oh man, trying to open the chute with the SAS module attached takes quite some time. Only recovered around 500m. Tense!

Edit edit: huh, I fall faster than the empty fuel tank. I don’t think that’s right.

A rare moment of happiness as the crew begin their descent back home.

Almost got 8Km/s.

One thing to remember: If you’re trying to get into orbit you need sideways velocity. Get enough altitude to clear the atmosphere then turn sideways and boost for as long as possible.

I reached escape velocity a few times (around 3.2k m/s according to the forums) but never surpassed it by much. 3.5 k is my current record.
6.7k m/s by doclazy seems crazy… I don’t know how you reached that with the rocket you posted.

Yes! Finally Kerbals in space! 1261km apogee, speed 2728.5m/s, that should be enough power for orbit.

It’s a nine srb first stage and that doesn’t even get it to 1500m. I’ve noticed that SAS stabilizers add a bunch of drag when active, but there’s no way this thing flys straight without them. The 6 srb second stage gets me a bit past 3500m and then the 3 liquid fueled engines of stage 3 take over and do the rest of the job. There’s two tanks for each engine on stage 3 and it should be enough to go orbital and leave a spacecraft with one engine and tank for maneuvering. It’s still very tricky to fly at stage 3 though. I make a better ICBM than an orbiter. I need to try my joystick with this.

They really need to work on the controls with this. It’s not clear at all where I’m supposed to put fins or whatever to be able to effectively control my ship. And even when I sort of figure it out the thing still just wobbles uncontrollably everywhere. It seems my two choices are turn on the SAS and fly in a relatively straight line, or turn them off and careen out of control. What am I missing here? :(

I try to use the F key for SAS, using it as I need it. Still most of the time I’m fishtailing through the upper atmosphere.

I’m having the hardest time getting the “staging” to work correctly once I start making 5 booster per stage setup. It seems like the “auto staging” gets totally confused once I have a stage ring then add stage pylons and additional engines to the sides. I have to drag the icons all over the place to get the correct setup.

Unfortunately, after every test flight I’ll go back to tweak the setup, and it resets the damn staging! Anyone find a way around this?

Also, is there a copy-paste functionality for when you have sections of rocket selected?