King Arthur: Knight's Tale - X-HOMM from Neocore

I’ve never done this. You apparently can set a limit in the game options as well.

How do you know what a reasonable limit is?

I usually set it at 90 or 120. Good sanity limit that should keep your card from melting without affecting detectable performance.

Just personal experience here, but I recommend setting the frame rate limit to 58 through the control panel versus endgame. That seems to do a better job keeping the game from running the card harder, and due to fluctuations with Framery 58 keeps you from slipping into the low 60s by accident which can cause tearing on the screen.

It’s very easy to do also, and I’d be happy to post a few screenshots to show you how to do it if you need help.

Please do, there are several games (Battletech and Old World off the top of my head) where my poor old card has issues and I’m curious to see if this will help.

Also, by “control panel” do you mean the Nvidia Control Panel? B/C I think I know how to use that.

Yeah in the Nvidia Control Panel you can set mat frame rate at like 58fps.

OK, I will try that in general - it might help other games. I’m curious as to impressions of this game, graphics issues aside, after a bit of play - any further impressions?

Interesting - there’s a new driver for my card today. Installing.

Seems to be doing ok, if not with huge numbers.

OK I went into NVidia Control Panel, and under Global Settings turned Max Framerate ON and set it to 58 (which was the default). I guess I’ll test it out…

picked this up an hour before it went on sale, so now my funds are tied up in a refund and I can’t play until it finishes since I’m broke. looks good at least lol

I laughed harder and longer than I should have but I am an Excalibur nerd.

I watched Fextralife’s take on the game and he he stated at the beginning that he is the voice actor for Sir Lancelot. Thought that was interesting. He does like the game a lot and stated that was the motivation to be a Voice Actor in the game.

So it needs 120GB of disk space, how big is the download? I’m about to go over my data limit and if the download is actually 120GB I’ll definitely go over before the month is out — thanks for the limit Comcast … thanks for chewing up all my quota Microsoft Flight Simulator.

think it was just under 100gb

So no further impressions of this? Is that a good sign or a bad one?

Just installed it but real life is getting in the way of gaming time

I’m kinda going through an Inqusitor addiction bout right now so I’ve not played any more of it since my last bout. I think that frame-rate limiting thing did good though. Inquisitor usually pushed my card to 71c usually, but now it’s been staying in the low 60s.

Oh I also set it to 60fps after the OBS recommended that, not 58.

10 hours in and I am still enjoying it. I am going slow in Act 1 and I restarted once to get rid of Iron Man mode. Similar to say Xcom there are game mechanics that aren’t explained and just have to be experienced; usually to your party’s detriment so once I figure out that killing mook type X blows up whoever surrounds them and things like that… I will hopefully enjoy it enough to play an iron man game.

When you say “blows up” does it outright kill the character or just damage them? And if it’s damage, is it low enough to be overcome by other tactics/abilities and still win the level? B/C that kind of thing is the difference to me between dynamic strategy (which I enjoy) versus static puzzle solving (which I dislike).

Also, how frequent are things like this, things with significant impact that the game doesn’t tell you about ahead of time?

Additionally, do you feel the game allows you time to play carefully or are you being rushed by time constraints?