Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Former. There is a lot of stuff that gets learned, in the end you will complain how easy it is.

Boots, boots, my kingdom for some boots:

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-stole-my-boots-and-im-on-a-violent-mission-to-get-them-back/

The best review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y80jiJvr8HA&feature=youtu.be

Is there an ETA for that very large patch that’s supposed to fix a lot of performance issues, broken controller support, and quest bugs? I will call it the “VLP” although technically it sounds like all their patches are humungouseses.

I had to comment on that video, because he spends the fist several minutes just bitching about other RPGs and seems to generally dislike them, and then gets upset when some reviewer claims this is a game for people that don’t like video games. I mean, isn’t just proving their point then?

On the Insufferable Gamer Scale ™ I’ve been mentally placing vocal Kingdom Come: Deliverance fans somewhere between RPG Codex users and the Dark Souls “Git Gud” crowd. ;-P

Best way of summing up KC: D is it’s like Skyrim with the Frostfell mod installed by default, or Fallout New Vegas with Josh Sawyer’s mod installed by default.

I can understand, and agree with, the decisions to add UI tools and otherwise ensure RPGs are accessible to a broad audience, but hopefully the genre is strong enough now to make KC:D’s approach viable. It really does feel like an alternate design path that 80s-to mid 90s RPGs could have evolved into.

Kudos for it supporting ultra-wide out of the box too.

I assume the bloke in that video is just being over the top angry for laughs / hits, but what a tedious world view he seems to have: “The games everyone else likes are fucking stupid, fuck off, only people that like this game get what real fucking games are”. At a guess I would assume he is about 40 years old. And this is where he’s at in life? I managed 4 minutes and felt exhausted.

You might have made it farther than I did.

EDIT - I skipped to the 6, 9, and 12 min mark and he’s just swearing and angry the entire time. Guy’s going to have a stroke in 5 years he’s not careful.

Gamespot finally posted review

Very nice read

Jank? Operation Flashpoint devs? My love is a heartbreaker.

Pro tip - sharpen/repair any weapons you plan to sell on the grindstone, it will increase their value.

Is money hard to come by?

And then grind them dull again and resharpen them to build Maintenance. :D

It’s not raining from the heavens in most cases. You can afford common stuff pretty easy, but buying weapons and armor is pretty costly as are other pursuits like books and the like. Feels about right in that every coin you earn feels meaningful, but you aren’t starving to death because you can’t afford anything either.

How truly viable are your options to play as different type characters? For example, if I want to try to better myself and move up into the world of respectibility, vs. if I decided I’m going to learn to be the best thief in the land?

And can you get a better haircut?

A few inches lower and we’d have so many memes in this thread. Or not. ;)

Looks awesome. I will wait till save anywhere gets patched in though.

You can save anywhere if you brew the schnapps, which is not that complicated. But it really does enhance the experience. Saving anywhere will be good only if you really can refrain from save and reloading before every obstacle.

Oh and Warhorse CEO just announced million copies sold within a week.

Super awesome news, maybe Obsidian will let Sawyer make a historical RPG finally.