Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Them Russian Hackers ™ at it again!

Pretty cool, if this ends up playable, could help people with motion sickness problems?

An hour-long documentary on Kingdom Come: Deliverance from Gameumentary.

Explore the formation of Warhorse Studios, their struggles to finance their ambitious medieval open world RPG and the risky design philosophy behind the entire game in our hour long documentary on Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Viktor Bocan’s deadpan sarcasm delivery system strikes again.

Sorry for the necro, but just finished this game and the dlc and I think it’s one of the best medieval RPG’s I’ve ever played. From the semi realistic combat mechanics, to the joy of alchemy, hunting, and simple exploring the map and coming across the many “interesting sites”, it just captured so much. Probably late to the game, but if anyone hasn’t experienced this yet and likes a good story based RPG where you start off useless and level based on your actions, I can’t recommend it enough. Just hope it gets a sequel considering their struggles to get this out.

Sorry for old response but this is interesting.

I agree with much of this, except maybe the woods always being scary part. I think “the forest” played an important throughout europe which changed over time & location. In some places it was a place of refuge and safety, in others a place of darkness and mystery. If KCD captures some of that nature then thats super cool.

They totally do. The woods at night are downright spooky, without a torch or “night vision potion” you are basically blind. You can be ambushed, stumble across a bandit camp, fall down a mine or cliff face or die in many ways. Even during daytime, until later in the game you never get the feeling of being “safe”. The ambient sounds, visuals and whole experience is spot on and I’m a hiker/scout leader who has bivied out in woods. It’s the most spookiest, unreal environment for someone who has grown up in civilization and they nailed it.

Sweet! Thank you!

Yeah, it does depend on where you are. In more western parts of Europe, for example, by the time this game takes place much of the forest had been “tamed” and was pretty free of undergrowth and true wilderness (one reason why the English in North America were so spooked; the Massachusetts woods were freakin’ wild as hell). In central Europe, I’d suspect it was more of a mixed bag, with eastern regions into the Slavic lands being pretty untamed.

Yep, this was Eastern Europe, supposed Bohemia currently known as Czech Republic. Lots of land, not totally tamed by the Roman Empire. I can’t say whether the game is historically accurate, but from they do a great job of envisioning what I feel the area would be like. The only thing that I would criticise would be the constant map, orientation and totally lack of getting lost. Being in the middle of a forest, hungry, running out of torches and surrounding by bandits, is negated by the fact that you can fast travel, or pull up the map and work your way out. In real life, the scariest thing around a forest at nighttime beyond the complete darkness is the complete and utter lack of orientation. Without a compass, you cannot orientate by the stars and have no idea which way you are going. However, I’d say the difficulty probably put people off and making it into a survival game would have been worse.

Amen to that. And yeah, this isn’t a hard-core survival game. Hell, I had trouble with the original EverQuest back in the late 90s. In Kelethin, if you didn’t have infravision or whatever it was, the place was pitch black and you got lost or fell off the elevated walkways and died. That, and you had to keep mashing the E key I think for “sense direction,” until you got good enough to actually know north from south, etc. Ugh.

It sounds like the hardcore mode was made for you! It removes seeing your position on a map (so you still have a map, but you have to orient yourself by landmarks and sun position):

• North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
  • Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
  • Fast travel isn’t possible in Hardcore Mode.

You had me until this part.

Yeah that is contentious. I like the hardcore mode features but this one would be nice to have on toggle possible to enable also in hardcore mode.

I need to get back to this. I sort of left off in the middle of the monastery quest, because in acquiring the means to enter the monastery as a monk, I, um, sort of acquired a bounty on my head. Didn’t want to go back to the town quite yet, and sort of wandered off.

That, and I made the mistake of becoming a bailiff before finishing the main quest. Now all my gold has to go to building stupid buildings and paying stupid peasants. Bah.

Very cool!

I’m really looking forward to playing this when I return home.

A reminder that there is an excellent HD texture pack you can add on for free. If you have the horsepower for it it’s totally worth the download.

Daily deal on steam, 30 bucks now.
I wonder how many copies were sold, does anyone have access to the patreoned version of steamspy? Is it still accurate or not?

Did they ever add a way to disable the headbob?

Apparently a mod does it