Kingdom Come: Deliverance

You’re absolutely right. I mis-read.

Man lock picking with the controller is freakin hard. I tried it with mouse and keyboard and it was noticeably easier. I feel bad for save scumming my way through that instead of trying another way to get out of the castle. Looked like there was a place I could get out.

I didn’t fully understand the directional combat, but I just found 2 bandits and it was pretty fun just moving, blocking and striking.

The DLCs are on sale, so in 20 hours when the Band of Bastards unlocks I will just get all three of them at once, and then when Woman’s Lot is released, I get that one for free as a backer :p

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. Paul, do all backers get A Woman’s Lot for free, or do you have to be at a specific tier?

I think all backers get it, because it was one of the stretch goals but they couldn’t make it in time for release.

Hey, happy to see you enjoy it :)

Sweet! I’ll pick up the rest of the DLC during the sale. :)

I had a “duh” moment on lockpicking when I realized I should find the hot spot on the mechanism and then keep my mouse pointer on that same spot as it rotated.

Originally I was trying to keep the yellow circle maxed out so I was adding an in-between step to the feedback process.

I’m about 2/3s through the main quests based on the number of quests I saw. I have to say it’s not gripping me like some. I’m starting to get a bit bored with the story and running around. I just find it a bit slow and skewed too heavily towards non gameplay elements. I can see how this can be a plus for some, but not so much for me and I usually like fairly heavy story games.

There is a TON of running back and forth across the map. That minor annoyance adds up due to a lack of instant fast travel. It was fine for the first 30 hours and now it’s starting to grind.

I also don’t like the characters and dialogue as much as The Witcher, so quests that are mostly talking don’t do much for me.

The game is greater than the sum of its parts so I still really like it.

If you follow one mission through to the end, I can see how you would end up running back and forth. I just hit each town and did all missions before moving on, finishing a region rather than a specific mission, so it didn’t become a problem. Until you level up your scouting option I rarely used the quick travel as I kept getting ambushed, but once you max the skill I quick travelled everywhere and just avoided any incident.

I focused on each region. It was still a problem.

Not to mention driving back to Rattay all the time to fix my clothing and sell to the shopkeeper I had groomed to have lots of money.

Anyway, I’m on the home stretch in the main quest. I did some Googling on everyone’s favorite side quests so I have 3-4 more of those to do as well and then I’m done.

Finished, 50 hours.

Overall I really liked it despite the rough edges. Such a neat setting. Of course I hope they make a sequel!

Any thoughts on story pacing towards the end?

I thought it was fine other than the weird exposition dump in the epilogue.

There are a couple times when the main quest has some rapid fire quests with a high sense of urgency. That seemed okay to me.

Warhorse got bought by THQ Nordic.

THQ Nordic AB’s indirectly wholly owned subsidiary Koch Media GmbH has today entered into an agreement to acquire Prague-based Warhorse Studios s.r.o, a leading game developer behind award-winning Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The purchase price amounts to EUR 33.2 million on a cash and debt free basis. Warhorses’ net sales in 2018 amounted to approximately EUR 42 million, with an adjusted EBIT of approximately EUR 28 million.

Where is THQ Nordic getting all this money for buyouts from?

Lars Wingefors, the CEO, is a very, very wealthy man.

That sucks, I hoped Warhorse would remain independent and build a czech equivalent of CDP over time.

But I guess their investor who owned 70% of Warhorse wanted to get a quicker return on his investment.

Could be worse, I like THQ Nordic, the stupidity with Metro exclusivity notwidthstanding…

Yeah, they seem to give their developers creative freedom. They’ll probably let Warhorse do their own thing, so even if a Kingdom Come sequels launches on the Epic launcher at least it’ll be the game the studio wanted to make.