Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Well, sure, that’s fine for Czechs in Czechland where there were never any fantasy creatures ever in history, but that sure leaves us Poles out of luck.

So is this game actually ever going to come out? :)

February 18th!

I also thought the game was out on the 18th, but after checking it’s releasing February 13.

Man, I get what they’re going for, but that group combat does not look fluid to me at all.

Out of luck? You have Geralt! :)

w00t good point

Some new info:

Kingdom Come Deliverance is listed on Microsoft’s official Xbox One X enhanced page. Can you share with us your take as a developer on the “most powerful console ever made” as well as the technical specifications of this version (native resolution, target frame rate, graphics settings etc.)

Currently, it surely is the most powerful console. In general, it allows us to use 1440p resolution, top quality Global Illumination, more and better shadows, better lighting and LOD distances compared to the regular Xbox One.

Will the game also feature dedicated enhancements for Sony’s PlayStation 4 Pro console and if so, how do they compare with the Xbox One X?

The PS4 Pro is a powerful console as well and we are trying to utilize the power of each platform – within the limits of the CryEngine. We heavily modified the engine to our needs and are very happy with the results. But compared to the Xbox One X, the PlayStation 4 Pro runs at 1080p resolution and slightly worse Global Illumination/particle effects simulation. Then again – we are pushing all platforms to their limits. Both the base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run at 900p.

That’s good to know since if I do play this it will likely be on Xbox. My poor little PC just ain’t got the horsies for these kind of games.

Here’s 15 minutes of someone who’s played the beta gushing about how much they love it. I’m sure it’s all things that the developers have talked about in interviews, but she does a great job of summing up the reasons to be hyped about Kingdom Come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mws21WRRNaM

I’m sure this will be my favorite game of… whatever year it is when I finally get a computer that can handle it.

This is one of those games that can either be great or such a huge disappointment. For my hopeful side, it is one of my most anticipated games of 2018.

I am 150 bucks deep on kickstarter and another 120 bucks in on the local Collector’s Edition, which is different made by different company.

If I hate it, I will be pretty pissed.

But from playing the old beta, I don’t think that will be the case.

You go all in!

I have a feeling that if this game fails, it will be because it strives so hard for realism in some areas but basically skirts it in others and the intersection between the two will be jarring. I like what they’re trying to do, just curious if they can actually pull it off.

I’ll likely try melee combat a couple times, find it super frustrating, and restart as a stealth/charisma character.

There are no classes, you improve skills by doing, so you don’t have to restart :)

Feels like a lot of big promises…

Finally a nice comprehensive overview video, 16 minutes, enable 4K for better bitrate

I love those muddy streets. It actually looks like a place that could exist in the real world.

I see what you did there :)