League of Legends: Official Thread

I haven’t played around with the beta client at all. I haven’t done much with normal matches, primarily I ARAM or duo queue ranked matches, but that major update will most likely have me play more normals.

Thanks for sharing Jason.

They announced Team Builder so long ago. Rito pls. I know you gotta test stuff but give now so I never have to play stupid bot lane again kthx.

I’m going to force you into the bottom lane

Buddy you really gotta work on your pickup lines.

more of a pickup threat

LCS is starting again, for those of you who are interested – today’s EU games have been pretty damn good, and Fnatic is looking really powerful out of the gate. NA games start on Friday.

Almost all of the games were actually pretty good, which is saying quite a bit. During the first two splits (we’re just starting 3), there were a bunch of teams that were not very good compared to the rest, and got run over in any game where they played against one of the decent teams. That lead to a bunch of games that were just uninteresting stomps, unless someone was able to come up with some sneaky ass cheese.

I’m glad to report that the EU teams seem to have stepped it up. I hope the new NA teams bring that region up as well.

NA kicks off with TSM and C9 on Thursday. Can’t wait. I hope it’s a close one because if it’s another C9 stomp, uh, I guess I’ll watch the all star games or something.

You aren’t going to watch league until the summer unless TSM wins? I don’t understand. If you like the game itself and want to see it played well, you should be watching the korean league (OGN). Then you can complain about SKT T1 winning a 2nd tournament in a row or something.

My guess is that teams are going to at least try and give C9 some competition this season. NA can’t be that bad. Hell, if nothing else I expect EG will give a 1/2 way decent showing.

Isn’t there some Korean team that moved to NA to join the LCS there as well? I don’t think C9 is going to run away with it quite as much as they did in the Summer Split. I am surprised at how lousy the run Alliance is having in EU…0-3 for a team led by Froggen with a bunch of other LCS veterans seems amazingly bad. Granted, I think their first two games were against Fnatic and Gambit, two juggernauts of the European scene, but their game today was against a newcomer team.

Quantic moved to NA, joined the round-robin style qualifier for the promos, won their first two games, lost the next 3, and flew back to Korea.

[A] plays reasonably well in lane, but their rotations are really weak. Either they don’t have an established shot caller, or communications are poor. On top of that, wickd’s Malphite did not work out. No surprise, mundo gets to be unkillable later on, and wickd’s TP play was quite lackluster. You gotta make that shit work early.

All in all, the new challenger-promoted teams seem to be doing decently. CW has played really well (but got outscaled in their last game of today), ROC is at the very least putting up a decent fight. SK, who I was sad to see are still in LCS (and now have a completely different team except for candypanda) are limping along, and could be the velocity esports of EU.

I just said I hope it’s close, not that TSM has to win. I’ve got an OGN subscription, I was talking about NA LCS. Also I was exaggerating, but I don’t want to watch another seasons of C9 stomping all over everyone. Hoping TSM will give them some competition and make it interesting.

Well, we can agree there. I’d love for at least 5-6 of the teams to be competitive enough that anyone CAN take a game off someone else, even if it isn’t 50/50.

C9 will be at the top but I don’t think they are only going to lose 3 games again. Heck Dignitas smacked them around yesterday and many thought they were one of the weaker teams in NA this season.

It’s bizzaro world, as far as I’m concerned. Dig dominates C9…my mind is boggled. Hell, I bet their minds (all 10 players) are boggled.

I think I caught an off hand comment during one of the games where CLG are still hoping to get Dexter imported? Hotshot, all things considered, had an ok weekend. Listening to the Crowd sarcastically cheer every time he landed a spear in the Dignitas game was kind of funny. He did ok against Cloud 9 and then whoever they beat yesterday, though (and it’s not like he was irrelevant in the Dig game).

NA seemed a lot more competitive this weekend, but it’s still too early in the season to really tell. EG…man, I don’t know. Both them and Alliance have been really disappointing this week, and I really hope both teams get it together. EG has been one of my favorites since Season 2, but this week was not kind to either teams with that pedigree. Sunday was probably one of the best days of League play I’d seen in a while though – the CLG vs Curse and Dig vs C9 games were both super good.

Alliance and EG should merge to form a super team.

Alliance and EG should merge their two rosters into a single one, and then split to form 2 super teams.

League of Legends unveils temporary new “hexakill” mode - Summoner’s Rift map for 6 players instead of 5.

Apparently available between now and March 2.