Lethal Weapon is going to be a TV show now

I dunno. Wayans is no John Goodman, who was great in all three movies in the Cloverfield franchise by the way, but the situations are pretty analagous. The star is booted off the show for being an asshole and yet the show tries to go on. All the secondary characters are on a whole different level on Roseanne, but then Roseanne was more of a focal point than Riggs.

This back on tonight, gonna give it a shot.

So it was alright , SWS was pretty decent. I’ll stick with it for now.

So, Riggs is already out… and Murtaugh apparently, too, soon.

“I’m going to be quitting the show in December after we finish the initial 13,” Wayans said in a video interview. “So I really don’t know what they’re planning, but that’s what I’m planning. I’m a 58-year-old diabetic and I’m working 16-hour days.”

Seems more than fair to me. I am half way into the new episode and so far I am enjoying SWS as New Riggs. But I’ve enjoyed him in a lot of the stuff he’s done, so maybe not a big surprise there. Also, the lady detective from Psych is in it now!

Yeah I doubt there will be a season 4.

It is so bizzare that this show is as good as it is, but it really is. I am episode 5 in second season and having ton of fun. Shame about the backroom nonsense between Wayans and Crawford.

I wish Wayans would have chosen to leave, and Crawford stayed. Especially since he was so unhappy on the show. I mean he is leaving now after the 13 episodes anyway.

They could have written his character to die from a heart issue, which was a big focus of season 1, and then it sorta disappeared in season 2.

I listened to the podcast Clayne did on drinking bros and assuming he didn’t lie (I believe him), Damon was longterm unhappy and made sure to let everyone know it, hence conflicts on set. And when Clayne got fired, so was half the crew on set…brutal.

But I gotta say I like them both in the actual show. Maybe their real-life animosity somehow spiced their chemistry or something but they are fun as hell to watch.

I do hope Clayne will find some great new role soon. After Rectify this is a second show I have seen him on and he’s great.

So I said this:

And I decided to get over it. So I just watched the first episode of S2. I quite liked it. I’m not sure what to do with the Ólöf Arnalds cover of “I’m on Fire” though. I don’t think it works. Although her accent makes me fall for what she’s doing. I just don’t think her cover makes any sense.

Also. Dude. It’s skull. Not soul.

-xtien

“Goddamn I hate people that get the words wrong.”

I only have two episodes remaining before Crawford departs and I am sad about it. Wish it had gotten at least four seasons.

Finished episode 3 of season 3 last night , Stiffler’s character is slowly growing on me, but the show just seems out of whack without Rigg’s.

Hmmmmm so 2 more episodes, maybe not canceled, what is going on?!?!?!

I’m at episode 6 of season 2 and the show seems sillier this season. Especially their captain. I don’t recall him being such a doofus in season 1.

-xtien

So I polished off Season 2. Really strange to watch it. And the ending of the season is…uh…dumb.

This showed up in recommendations for me on youtube and I quite enjoyed it, though it’s weird to listen to it. I just love Clayne Crawford’s voice.

-xtien

“I have zero feelings about network television, period.”

I don’t know when it happened, but I’m really enjoying this even more with Sean William Scott now. I hope they keep going with just his character if Wayans leaves, honestly.

I haven’t watched season 3, but in my ideal scenario wayans would leave and clayne would come back from witsec or something and do shenanigans with Scott.

I listened to that twice. It was kinda heartbreaking but fun at the same time. I love his voice too, and when he does those impressions he kills me.

I’d be ok with this, Wayans seems to be more of a supporting character now with SWS character’s history pretty much being focused on this season. Not sure I am a fan of Bailey’s new partner. Also what happened to Bowman?

Yeah, I wondered this to - they seemed to replace him pretty quick. I must have missed some sort of dialog along the way that explained his absence, maybe the actor moved to another show or something. Oh, is he one of the people that left of Clay’s firing, maybe?

Well I am caught up, looks like this will be back for 3 episodes next year and then… ? Also its moving to Tuesdays at 8pm.