Long Hair Freaky People

On the fedora thing:

Fedoras only look good with suits, but that’s just IMO. It’s not how old you are, it’s what you’re wearing it with. If you’re trying to wear a fedora with jeans and a t-shirt, you’re gonna look kinda weird.

One day I started

and it grew

and grew

and then some more…

whole thing took about 18 months…

I shaved it into a huge ass mohawk in the end as it got too damn hot…
After that it all went and now I’m back between pic1 and pic2 stage, thinking of pushing through to pic4…

You may have a point.

I was at the gym the other day and had to remove my fedora from the locker before putting on any of my clothes. With nowhere to hang it, I set my fedora on my head and then caught a look in the mirror. Fucking stunning. Like a Chippendale, but with less muscles and no bowtie. :)

http://www.animationpourtous.com/images/artistes/CHIPPENDALE_Chippendale_de_Catherine_001.jpg <- NSFW

Nice, Rward. I would love to see these photos as an animated gif.

I purchase a fedora some years ago, 'cos I wanted a nice, relatively wide-brimmed, crushable (if necessary) hat that I could wear to occasions where a baseball cap would look tacky. And I only own one sword, and that one was regifted to me by someone for my birthday.

Here it is atop my head whilst I was interviewing former New Brunswick Premier Bernard Lord:

It’s served me well, and I’ve gotten many compliments for it. I’d never even dare wear it with jeans and a t-shirt. I wouldn’t wear it with anything less than a sportcoat.

For some strange reason, though, shortly after I got it, I started being approached in the street by septua- and octogenarians who would openly hit on me, mistily reminiscing about their old boyfriends… My 50+ landlady (an eccentric, vaguely anti-Semitic millionaire) was also quite taken.

Come to think of it, I caught the eye of all the cougars in town, a couple of which quite literally shoved me against a tavern wall and insisted on zipping my raincoat up for me, because “someone has to be your mother.”

I guess the lesson is, no matter how good you think you look, fedoras are dangerous.

You look awesome in pics one and four. Go with either of those. I hate your natural good looks. Because I am slightly less attractive than you.

The problem with growing your hair out is the barrette stage. If your hair is straight, eventually it starts hanging in your eyes & you need to sweep it to the side. Either you use a hat, a lot of hair product, or a barrette.

I’m at that stage now, and I’ll probably cut my hair. Sigh.

Have you tried Man Barrette ™?

It’s a manly man’s barrette that is just like a woman’s barrette, but made for men. These barrette’s have manly man icons soldered onto them, like fists, rebel flags, and howitzers.

I’ve had long hair (really long - like hiplong) for the last ten years, and this may I’ll cut em all off, including the beard. I’m afraid how I’ll look, but 10 years are enough. I’m gonna post before and after pics then.

The guy doesn’t know whether to look at the weird gal with the green hair or the geek in the hat.

In your mind you look like Bogart or some 20s hardhitting journalist, but… what quatoria said.

I’m sorry to say this to all you hippies, but you need at least one masterpiece behind you to get away with looking eccentric… and even then, it can be overdone:

Is it just me, or is Bernard smirking at you?

He could be. But he sent me an autographed photo taken by one of his photographers at the same event, so apparently he remembered me.

Maybe you guys just ain’t gots the style. Fedora = nothing wrong with 'em if you can pull off the look.

Try me. :D

You talk a good game, but can you back it up? Give us a picture of you in a Fedora, Tom.

FTFY Quat!

It was the fedora!

Your hat is nice, but you seriously need to get your jacket tailored. It looks about 3 sizes too big for you!

Is there a card with “Press” written on it on the side of the hat? That would be really old school.

Too true. Now, a fez on the other hand is just pure class and distinction.

Billiam of Norwich and the Subcontinent. Complimenting his striking ensemble, Bill’s unique moustache contour suggests a noble upbringing, notes of scholarly endeavor and an oaky finish.